A Change to the Field

Start from the beginning

"Well," said Sammy, "Someone's been busy."

Bendy tiptoed over the threshold. His eyes glanced all directions, just to make sure he was seeing what he thought he was seeing. "It... it looks like the Studio, now."

"That it does," Norman muttered, a dark undertone to his voice.

The single hallway had transformed into the more familiar, twisted and ink-stained halls and rooms of the Studio above them. In fact, it didn't take much wandering for them to realize this newly-formed Studio was just bits of the old jumbled up and smashed back together. It was no less maze-like than before. Halls doubled back on each other, rooms and doors took them in circles, stairs went up to the ceiling or down into the void, and the one elevator they found all but imploded just when they tried to get the gate open.

As Sammy eloquently put it, "This place is a mess."

More than once, they heard the distinct growls and scratching of the rabid Borkis, but they had yet to encounter it again.

Until it landed on top of them.

Bendy barely had time to sense the ink ripping open a portal before the large beast came diving out of it. Were it not for the fact that Bendy sensed it and scrambled to the side, he would have been crushed under the beast's massive paws. The devil flattened himself against the wall while Sammy charged with his scythe.

"Stay away from us, you hellhound!" Sammy screamed at it. He dodged the wolf's first swipe, reacting with lighting speed and successfully jabbing the scythe into one of those piercing gold eyes.

Borkis howled and reared back, clawing at its face. Sammy wound up to strike it again, but Norman seized his arm and yanked him down the hall, "Come on! Our only chance is to outrun it!"

They ran. They didn't have much hope to throw Borkis off their trail, but they ran, regardless. They ended up in what looked like a portion of the Projectionist's old domain, minus the shin-deep ink, and began zigzagging their way through, hoping to confuse the beast hot on their tail.

But no matter how much circling and backtracking they did, Borkis always stayed just a few steps behind them.

Bendy clung to Norman's shoulders as he and Sammy kept running. The devil started hoping for a miracle, any miracle to throw the beast off. Heck, a Miracle Station would work at this point.

Wait.

A Miracle Station.

Hadn't he seen one?

No, that wasn't right, he couldn't see them. It was part of the weird spells on the things, most inklings and toons couldn't see them directly. It was like a phantom image at the corner of the eye, but it always vanished when looked at directly. That's why Henry was always safe in them.

But... if they could find one, would the illusion spell work on Borkis?

"Norman!"

"What is it?"

"We need to find a Miracle Station! Wasn't there one in these halls?"

Sammy answered for him, "Yes! But I think it got moved from its original spot."

"Well, where is it? I could never see the things!"

Bendy perked, "Oh! Maybe your gold light can!"

"Just don't slow down," Sammy warned, "That hound is still right behind us."

"Yeah, yeah, I got it," said Norman, clicking on his soul-light and sweeping the walls and corners as they ran past.