Foreword

When asked what the hardest genre is to write, many people would answer Romance, because to write a good romance novel, you need to target all the complicated emotions of the characters.
        While I agree, I think that the hardest genre to write is historical fiction. Why? Because while you're trying to move backwards, the people in your book are trying to move forwards. As anyone knows, moving in the opposite direction of the characters you created can be very difficult.
        However, I loved writing this book and bringing Cora and all her friends to life. It's been quite the experience, and the days and weeks of research and studying will all pay off. Which brings me to you guys. 

        Dear reader, thank you for picking up this book. If you're reading this, it mean's you've opened the cover and turned at least one page, so I hope you don't stop there. I want this book to inspire people to stand up for who they are, because as Cora so angrily says, no one should have to hide who they are. Enjoy the book, because I know I did.

Sincerely, 
        Alex Oddy.

        Extra note: This is a historical novel, and is supposed to be an accurate reflection of that time period. In real life, I hold no hatred or prejudice towards the POC and LGBTQ+ communities, any religions, or women. In fact, I myself am both a woman, and a part of the LGBTQ+ community.