𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter three:everything is okay┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter three:
everything is okay
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

IT WAS A NEW DAY AND FOR THE GROUP, IT WAS A HAPPY ONE. Dale, Carol, and Daryl were coming with the RV ( and Daryl's motorbike ). They'd all have a place to stay, at least until they found Sophia. Most, if not all, of them hoped Hershel would be kind enough to let them stay. They hadn't been on the road for that long, but it was long enough on tire them out; physically and emotionally.

Carl was getting better. He would be okay, all because of Otis. He may not have lived to see it, but he pulled through. Just like Maggie said he would.

Everyone was outside, watching as Dale and Daryl parked their vehicles. Mal had a bright smile on her face seeing the whole group together. Everyone was in one spot, meaning no one would have to question whether or not someone they cared about was dead. Over her shoulder, she noticed Maggie staring at her, causing her smile to fade almost immediately. She had forgotten Maggie had lost someone close to her just yesterday. Figuring she was being rude, she mouthed a quick sorry and turned her attention back to the group.

"How is he?" Dale questioned as he walked up to Rick and Lori.

"He'll pull through," Lori spoke proudly, looking around at the Greene family, "thanks to and his people."

"And Shane." Rick added. "We'd have lost Carl if not for him."

Dale looked at Shane, who stood wordlessly in the background. Mal only just noticed he might've been wearing Otis' overalls.

Dale went up to embrace Rick and Carol did the same with Lori.

"How'd it happen?" Dale asked as soon as he backed away from Rick.

"Hunting accident." The former sheriff replied. "That's all just a stupid accident."

LATER, THEY HAD BUILT A SMALL HILL OF ROCKS AS A MEMORIAL FOR OTIS. Beth placed one last rock before Hershel began his prayers, "Blessed be God, father of our lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to him for the gift of our brother Otis, for his span of years, for his abundance of character; Otis, who gave his life to save a child's, now more than ever, our most precious asset. We thank you, God, for the peace he enjoys in your embrace. He died as he lived, in Grace." He paused, "Shane, will you speak for Otis?"

"I'm not good at it." Shane shook his head, his voice more hoarse than usual. "I'm sorry."

"You were the last one with him." Patricia cried with Maggie standing behind her for comfort. "You shared his final moments. Please. I need to hear. I need to know his death had meaning."