Chapter 15

Chapter 15;

Bethany;

    I got back to Scotland the next day and rushed into the castle, mother sat in the throne room attending to her duties

‘the Japanese are marching on us’

‘they dare’

‘why won’t they when they know one of us is down’

‘don’t be ridiculous Bethany’

‘tell me mother, is there a reason why fauna cannot fight, are you hiding something’

‘dearest, I would never hide anything from you’

‘do you know what this adage “you are truly your mother’s daughter” means’

‘what exactly is your point’

‘let fauna go, now’

‘are you commanding me Bethany, what have you turned to’

‘this is for the kingdom mother, she leads the army, I made a mistake, I shouldn’t have let her go with a fake name, she is more than a princess mother, she is a princess warrior, just as you were, she makes silly mistakes which could cost her future but that is why you are there for her, let her live her dream, she wants to do this for her people because she is royalty, a true royalty never flees from battle…’

‘but must always be ready for it’

‘you taught me that, she is ready, just believe in her mother and give her a chance, please’ and with that I left the castle, I hoped mother heard everything I said and she gives in.

Fauna;

‘can I come in sweetheart’

‘since when did you start asking permission’

‘I learnt it earlier. I heard you have a sword in here, I’m surprised how you could hide it from me’

‘you don’t know what else I’ve hidden from you’

‘I see. The Japanese entered the empire last night as your sister left’

‘why are you telling me, shouldn’t you be worried about your people’

‘I’ve secured the state; my warriors out there won’t let them get as far as entering the states in the empire’

‘congrats to you then, you’re really a queen’ she sat on my bed

‘I don’t think I’ve been a good queen or a good mother lately’

‘why do you say so?’

‘Fauna, all I ever wanted was to protect you, battles aren’t good, you are going out there to risk your life, many of your warriors who went out today, some may not return and I fear greatly for your siblings out there and I don’t want to risk you for anything’

‘no mother, they will return, anything I do it is for the empire’

‘you should know one thing Fauna, a queen does what is best for her family and herself before others’

‘no, that is where you are wrong, a queen does what is best for her people. The empire needs me, my kingdom needs me, I am a princess, it is my duty’ mother stood from my bed and walked away

‘they need you indeed, fight for your kingdom and let the empire celebrate you’ she said and walked away. That was it, she wanted me to fight. I got up and entered my closet putting on my flames outfit and my purple wig. Taking a deep breath, I opened the box where the sword my brother got me was, I took it and my bow and arrows, the Japanese messed with the wrong empire. I left my room running to the stables, I looked back to see my mother looking from her balcony, with her nod and smile, I hopped on majesty, this was it.

************************************************

Zachary;

  We waited for the Japanese army at our border line, I prayed Aurelia would come because I was losing confidence, the rest of them looked ready to fight but I could tell different thoughts were on their minds. I looked at princess Bethany who stood beside princess Mereleona, she gave me a reassuring smile, I smiled back at her, that smile was fake, she was scared too.

‘I wonder where she is’ Penelope said ‘I can’t believe she ditched us’

‘I don’t think she did’ luke replied

‘don’t tell me you are starting to like her’

‘Zac liked her first, so I don’t have a chance’

‘are we talking about this at this time, we are about to be marched upon by imbeciles’

‘Zac, in case we don’t make it back alive, I loved you, I love you and I still love you’

‘I love you too penny’

‘well, I know we are going to make it out alive but in case we don’t, I love you guys too and penny, It was my fault your Christmas gown tore, I stepped on it and I’m sorry’ Penelope gasped

‘you did not’ I laughed

‘warriors, flames, prides, palms, red roses, the time has come, the Japanese have arrived, remember this is a sacrifice you are willing to pay for your country, be loyal, brave and true to yourselves, team mates, your family and your country and bring honor to your empire.’ Commander Fredrick said

‘archers on my call you fire, set’ Leona shouted, she took a deep breath before shouting ‘FIRE!’ and we shot our arrows at them and they began retreating

‘red roses follow them, kill them all, be careful they’ll set arrows at you also, attack, the rest of you form your shield, the bombs would be fired soon, be ready for anything’

     Soon our warriors were back and they were complete, thank God but as they came more of the Japanese warriors were hot on their trail, we couldn’t form the shield now, they wanted to fight and we couldn’t let them pass the boarders into the states

‘forget about the shield, they want to enter the empire, we can’t let them, Aurelia’s plans will have to wait’ I shouted

‘we can’t abandon the plan Zac’ stella shouted

‘we have to, she isn’t here and if she were here she would have done the same thing. I am captain and you all will do as I say, forget about the shield, whenever she feels like joining us she would form the shield, they can’t enter my kingdom, ATTACK!’

‘he has a point, forget about the shield, don’t let them cross the borders’ Bethany said and they left the shield and drew out their swords and attacked

Sorry for the short chapter, the next one would be longer I promise.