Part 08 - Agate, stone of Protection

Eeeep... the end is getting closer...

And I really hope the writing and publicaiton will go smoothly and as I want... >.<

Also, maybe no new chapter next week so I can write a one-shot for Halloween. Any suggestions ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a little summary :

Days, weeks pass by during which Shuichi keeps on abusing Kokichi and breaking her. She tries to knock out Shuichi to escape her jail but he knew she was going to attempt that and captures her back before she has any chance to get out of the basement.

When Kokichi wakes up, Shuichi starts torturing her, forcing her to... uh... "say"... his name. Kokichi tries not to, biting her lip and she fails and ended up saying a name. Rantaro's.

Furious, Shuichi hits and whips her to the point she passes out, apologizing at the very end for his mistake. He understands Kokichi cannot truly belong to him as long as her previous owner will still be alive...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*clack !*

Hu... hum ?

Oh ? Did I fall asleep ? I must have been so exhausted after crying about Kokichi...

Hum... wh... what's all this noise... ?

I risk opening an eye... and...

!!

Th... this white suit that got past the window ?! Is it me or... ?!

« Hey !! Not so fast !! »

My tiredness must have evaporated in an instant. I immediately stood up and ran to the mid-opened window through which I had just seen a famous white gentleman suit.

My fists got tensed up, ready to hit a certain face and my mouth was ready to scream « what did you do to Kokichi, you bastard ?! » but when I looked outside, passing my head through the window...

...

Nothing.

No helicopter. Nothing on the ground. Or in the sky.

My eyes frantically looked at the garden under me that's located right in front of the hospital, looking for something white but to no avail.

« Damn it !! » I can't help but pesting about my own incompetence.

Either this was a dream and I'm starting to get crazy, or... I really just let him escape for the second time...

But... if he's still around... if I hurry up to warn someone... then maybe we can...

...Kokichi...

Upon taking this resolution, I jumped onto the nightstand next to my bed to grab my phone.

But, as I was about to grab it to call my father and mister Saihara...

I noticed a piece of paper on it...

A white business card decorated with a clown mask logo...

Could this be... ?

I took it with my fingers and read what was written on it :

It seems I miscalculated
It seems my ultimate robbery, the most beautiful diamond I've been longing for for years, will not accept me as their owner just yet
So, in order to make sure it is my name on the insurance contract
I figured I might as well delete the previous one...