Wattpad Originals
Încă 72 de capitole gratuite

relationship

noun ~ the way in which two or more people, objects or concepts are connected

mild mature content *

Later that day I found myself in Calida's room. We were playing yet another game of go fish in comfortable silence. I knew I had to bring up the whole mate thing, so after a while of playing, I decided it was now or never.

"I heard about the roses." I began quietly, placing down a card.

She paused, but I kept my eyes on the deck. "What about them?"

I licked my lips nervously. "I just want to know what's going on...with you and the whole Charlie thing..."

She sighed, putting her cards down. "I don't know what to say."

I copied her actions, shuffling closer to her on the bed. "How are you feeling about the fact you have a mate? Because, I know you don't exactly have a great... past with mates... and now you're here, it's a big change."

She frowned, looking behind me. "I don't know, I guess I don't trust him... I suppose."

I smiled gently, catching her eye when she turned to glance at me. Her eyes dropped over my body, scrutinising me as she had done when we first met. I frowned slightly, but as her eyes met mine and her shoulders dropped.

"He seems a nice guy... But he keeps coming back." She sighed.

I chuckled lightly, and she gave me an incredulous look. "Well, that's Charlie. He's a persistent man. But he has good intentions; he has just been waiting so long I think it's hard for him to resist his temptations. His wolf... is strong for a Beta. I don't know his full story, but from what Phoenix has told me, he was found feral. He has no family, nobody."

Her eyebrows furrowed, "So ...like me."

I shrugged. "I suppose so, yeah. His family are dead, I think. Maybe you should just let him speak to you... He won't do anything you don't want him to; he just wants to win you over."

She scoffed. "Dead flowers? Storming into my room?"

I smirked the lamp to my head a ghost memory now. "He is driven by instinct, a lot. You just need to unravel him. He annoys the heck out of me, I can see why the Moon Goddess paired you together."

"You saying I'm annoying?" She muttered, picking up her sombre mood.

I laughed, "You both are free-spirited and strong, I know you'll work it out. You just got to open up more, as much as you can. Don't force what you don't want to, he will understand...He's your mate, he just needs a little guidance as he has waited for so long."

She inhaled deeply but nodded. "I see what you mean... I just... I find it hard, you know? To trust him... I was told that I was Maxwell's mate, but I never felt anything until he marked me. So I had been blind and just assumed that was normal. They had me for years, Nova. I'm just lucky he never forced me to have a baby, I don't think... I would've come out of that."

I rested my hand on her limp ones, pulling them up so her gaze came to me. "I understand. You take it at whatever pace you want to, Charlie will understand, and if he doesn't, then he's stupid. You are made for each other, and it's going to take time to heal from something like that. If you're scared, you just need to tell someone, me, or Charlie. I know he'll love you going to him, he already adores you."

She snorted a laugh, "I bet he does. I bet he's said quite a few things about me."

I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm. "He adores you, I can see it well, so can everyone else. He's just as frustrated as you are. Take your time, just...tell him you need time or I fear there may be more roses at your door."