Chapter 20

***

***

"Taehyung-ah!" Hearing the voice of an angel, his angel, calling out his name was something that Taehyung had not expected to happen today when he was sent to scout in the forest for some spies lingering around.

He quickly turned his head, and his eyes immediately widened at the sight of the love of his life panting heavily as he tried to stand up properly after leaning on his knees, "Yoongi? What are you doing here? It's dangerous!"

Taehyung was beyond surprised to see Yoongi standing before him in all his glory. The man before him looked like he had just run a marathon as his chest was heaving up and down from being out of breath, hair disheveled, and sweat covering him. Still, Min Yoongi still looked as beautiful as he has always been, and Taehyung is once again starstruck by the man that caught his heart.

But just as he was about to take another step and ask Yoongi again why he ran all the way out here, he was interrupted when Yoongi suddenly raised his voice.

"I love you!" Yoongi confesses in a heartbeat.

It was as if time had stopped, and Taehyung's ears were suddenly sensitive to every sound there was in the forest, even hearing every single heartbeat in his chest and Yoongi's heavy breathing. A heavy silence was born between the two of them as Taehyung stills before Yoongi speaks again.

"You said ⸺ you said you want to spend your future with me, right? After all of this is over, promise me, Kim Taehyung, that you will take my hand and we will run away, far away from here. Can you do that for me?"

Yoongi did not have to ask, he would have commanded Taehyung to take him away, and he would have done so in a heartbeat. Taehyung breathes before speaking, "Anything. Anything for you."

A promise had been made between the two star-crossed lovers as they planned to run away hand in hand away from the problems of the world and build a house together where they could freely love each other under the roof of their own home that was born through their love.

"Remember that promise, Kim Taehyung," Yoongi says threateningly. Still, Taehyung only chuckled in response, finding it endearing for the shorter man to act tough after he just professed his love for the master he was supposed to serve. But here he was, completely fallen in love with the man who was supposed only to be his servant, a man who carved his place in Taehyung's heart in just mere months of living under the same roof.

Yoongi may not know, depending on Taehyung's decision, whether or not he should tell him in the near future. Min Yoongi, a mere commoner, was the person who saved his life by showing him the love that he never thought he would receive from a man so beautiful and kind as Yoongi. The man showed him the love and compassion that he craved but was too afraid to ask from other people because of his gender identity.

It was Yoongi who became the rope which he grabbed onto and helped him from falling in too deep from the dark hole that he was falling because of all the hidden thoughts and feelings that he was too afraid to share and the other side of himself that he was scared of showing other people. It was Yoongi who became the light of his life and the fire that had brought warmth to his heart.