it's silent as you feel yourself giving up. but just before you completely black out, you hear her voice again.

"nana shimura."

the static disappeared and you finally came face with the voice that's been stuck in your head ever since forever.

'it's her..' is all your mind allows you to think as you stare down the beautiful, muscular woman in front of you. she has such a stance, you know she's one to be taken seriously. her face expression is stern but soft at the same time.

just as a hero's should be.

"she's.." you finally see her mouth move for the first time since you've heard her speak. you wanted to yell out, ask where she's been and why she hasn't been in your head but you just couldn't. you were stuck, forced to watch her take her human form.

static suddenly goes away and your arm is free. it felt like that weird feeling you'd get when you put pressure on a body part the wrong way and it'd feel like tv static.

but you got the memo.

and you slowly but steadily reached your arm out to nana who was doing the same.

you felt yourself getting dizzier and dizzier. your vision was getting blurrier and blurrier. you felt heavy, like more than a ton.

but none of that stopped you from reaching out further for nana's hand.

"your mother.."

your fingers barely graced each other's.

"she's waiting for you."

the sound of glass shattering made your eyes shoot open. your body felt like you were paralyzed but it still moved on its own. you found yourself gripping your bedsheets so tight your knuckles were almost pale white. the sound of glass flying was growing quieter and quieter, causing you to look up where through your slowly breezing curtains, the moon shone on the broken glass, making them look like crystals.

you lifted a hand and stared down at your palm with panting breaths. it looked like your own white lightning was running around it like normal.

but it wasn't.

the sparks were smaller, and there wasn't as much as yours usually would have. the cackling sound wasn't as loud but there's one major detail that stood out above the rest.

and that was lines of red running around your hand and going up your arm.

it looked like it was engraved into your arm like some tattoo; like someone put glitter on it, it was sparkling so much. maybe you weren't in the right state of mind, but you don't ever recall seeing that on your hand and arm.

so now with confusion added into the mix, you stare down your hand like you're trying to memorize it for a test.

'this looks like..'

the door bursts open but you don't turn around. you don't even so much flinch. your room is completely trashed. books, nick nacks, anything that was placed nicely is now knocked over and scattered on the floor. your trash bin is knocked over, spilling many papers. the breeze of the air made the room colder but beads of sweat can still be seen on your body.

"my love..?"

that voice rings the largest bell in your mind you thought you were gonna go deaf. slowly, you turned to look at him and only when you made eye contact were you able to finish your thought.

'izuku's quirk...'

---

"and...done." you tighten the end of eri's braid. with a small smile. you grab a mirror and show eri her dutch braids. "do you like the pretty braids?"