~What's Going On ? :

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you shouldn't say that. Who knows for what I'll need your help. Maybe I'll kill someone and you'll have to go in jail for me." 

He chuckled shaking his head, "You're too nice to kill someone." 

She laughed, "True." 

++++++++++++

"No, I'm not doing it again."

"Please, man, I need you. One more time." 

Richard shook his head frowning, "Hell nah ! I helped enough. I don't need to get in trouble with it. Doug, just stop that shit, man." 

"I can't ! "

"Why ? " He asked growing frustrated. He didn't want to bet with him ever again. He could feel it, that wasn't going to end too well and he didn't want to put himself in danger. He was thinking about his family mainly and Doug should do the same. 

"That's easy money. Who doesn't like easy money ? " Was his explanation. 

Richard frowned more, "Easy money ? It's mostly dirty money and you don't need it. You're a professional football player, you gain enough money."

"Enough is never enough." 

Richard sighed scratching the back of his head, "I don't feel it anymore, Doug. Quit ! "

"No, I won't do it ! Listen, if you don't want to help anymore, then okay. It's fine, I'm just gonna continue this by myself."

"No, D-" He couldn't even finish his sentence because he hung up on him. Incredible ! He was trying to get him out of that shit and that's how he was thanking him. Richard shrugged feeling like he had done everything he could. After all, Doug was a grown ass man, he could handle himself. But a little voice in his mind was telling him that he should do more. 

He sighed and dialed her number not sure on how to bring this to her. After the third ring, she finally answered. He was hoping that it will help, "Fae ? "

"Yes ? Hi, how are you ? "

"Hi, I'm good and you ? "

She sighed sadly, "It could be worse." She was still thinking that her husband was cheating, but she had not proved it yet. Actually, she was not sure about what she should do anymore. She loved her husband with her all, but on the other hand there was 99.99 % of chance that he was disrespecting her behind her back and she couldn't keep living like that. She attempted to confront him, but he was denying everything. And plus his behavior changed again. He was paying her more attention, but there was still something off about him. She put it on the side for a moment though, so she could focus more on the twins and her work, but that situation was a big burden on her shoulder and she had to get the weight off.