"Thanks."

There was a comfortable pause as we looked into each others eyes. His were so blue, like a robins egg or the ocean.

"I want to make us official," Bruce whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

My eyes widened and I smiled brightly. Butterflies erupted in my chest like they never had before. 

"I like the sound of that."

He smiled and he squeezed my shoulder in an assuring manor.

"Eleanor Allen, girlfriend of bachelor Bruce Wayne," he joked in a newscaster voice. "What a headline that would make."

I giggled and shook my head.

"You mean former bachelor," I corrected and we both laughed.

I looked up at a clock to see it was midnight. I yawned and stood.

"I should get back home," I said. "I would love to stay longer, but I'm missing my bed."

Bruce chuckled and nodded as he stood.

"It's okay, I understand," he stated before walking me to the door.

He helped me into the car and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight Ella."

"Goodnight Bruce."

A few moments later...

I walked into my apartment and kicked off my shoes. I set my purse down and I sighed.

We finally made it official.

I smiled as I thought of the memory. I couldn't contain my giddiness and I squealed, hopping on my bed. I felt so alive and joyful, despite my growing tiredness. Could I actually be falling in love? Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised. 

There was a knock on the door, and I raised a brow. A visitor at midnight?

"Hello?" I called.

"Delivery."

Um, no, no deliveries come at midnight. Still, I looked through the peephole to see a tall man, who was also armed. I rushed to my phone and dialed 911.

"911," a woman said. "How can we help you?"

"My name is Eleanor Allen," I said. "There's a man at my apartment and he's armed."

"Miss, I need you to be calm. Where do you live?"

"1457th Driveway, Osborne Hotel, room 143."

"We're sending someone right now miss, please stay calm."

"I'll try."

I hung up as I heard a bang on the door.

"Open up!" Cried the man.

"The police are on their way!" I called, hoping to scare him away.

There was a brief pause of silence, and for a moment I thought he might've given up. I backed away from the door, just as it broke open. The man rushed in, and covered my mouth as I was about to scream. He knocked me to the ground and hovered on top of me.

"So you're special to Bruce Wayne?" The man asked. "I can see why."

I twisted and turned, but he had a good grip on me. I tried kicking out my legs, but from the way he was straddling me I hit nothing but air.

"Help!" I screamed.

The man punched me and my face immediately started to sting.

"Don't say a word," he growled.

I felt a tear run down my face as I was punched again. I was so shocked, on top of being tired, that I wasn't sure how to react. All knowledge I had about self defense just flew out the window in an instant. He was about to hit me again when he was torn off of me and thrown into the wall. 

I looked up to see the Batman.

Places you can follow me ;)

open.spotify.com/show/6fH5sy9cF7sfhjXdmh2sxg

www.tiktok.com/@faith_starwalker?lang=en

www.twitch.tv/faith_starwalker

www.instagram.com/faithstarwalker/

twitter.com/FaithStarwalker

Hearts and comments are appreciated!