No wonder the knights sent by Percy had not been behind her. They had been delayed, fighting against the assailants the dowager queen had sent.

Annabeth felt sick to her stomach. The novel's events were getting more and more dangerous as though determined to kill her off in the worst ways possible.

"I'm here. I'm all right," Annabeth softly called out. "When is the dowager queen coming?"

A soft hoot sounded in the night from outside. Sir Nico listened, then imitated the sound of a barn owl hooting back.

"Soon," Sir Nico answered. "Let us go quickly, Your Majesty. Lucy has a new dress prepared."

***************************************

There was an uproar in Marigold Palace. Guests and knights quickly ventured to where the disturbance had been.

"Oh, my!"

"What indecency!"

"What is the queen doing-"

People's ears perked up at the word queen. Then there was no more sound.

People filled the hallway towards a lounge, but because of the mass of bodies, no one could gain a good view of what was happening.

Then a slap was heard. Those in the front who had been touring with the dowager queen were shocked with the scene of an unknown female having a tryst with someone they supposed was her lover. The female appeared to be wearing the clothing of a maid, though half of it was torn off of her.

In truth, it might have been possible for the two "lovers" to resist the aphrodisiac. But they had breathed in the incense for a while after the dowager queen had delayed in "discovering" what was happening in the lounge. The man who had waited inside the room for a long time had been stimulated too much in particular.

"H-how dare you-" The dowager queen pointed her finger at the young woman.

One person with eyes muttered. "Hmm? That's not the queen, isn't it?"

Another ripple of scandalous confusion went through the crowd. Then the crowd parted.

"What is going on?" Percy asked.

Queen Annabeth was by his side, now changed into another formal blue dress. "I thought I heard someone mention the queen of Eldoris." The queen said, delicately. "Did someone call me?"

The dowager queen's shoulders shook with anger. She had fully expected the woman inside the lounge to be the queen, but clearly the woman inside was a brunette. Then, the queen appeared by the king's side. From an outsider's perspective, they might think that she was furious that a simple palace maid had ruined her birthday banquet. But Percy knew better. The dowager queen had made a mistake by mentioning Queen Annabeth before the man and woman had been identified clearly. Then, Queen Annabeth had deliberately brought up the topic to remind all the witnesses it had been the dowager queen who had tried to throw dirty water on the queen's reputation.

And by now, Calypso would have been carted off safely in Baron Valdez's network of hiding spots, and the body double was freshly prepared. The dowager queen should be tricked to think that her relative had been killed.

"Guards!" Percy shouted. "Take these two and throw them in the dungeons. How dare they spoil the dowager queen's banquet. What insolence!"

Knights quickly came in and threw blankets over the pair, who were still half copulating due to the effects of the aphrodisiac.

Percy covered Queen Annabeth's eyes from the indecent couple. He had no pleasant feelings towards the two people who had followed the dowager queen's plans. His orders of arrest were to make sure that they stayed alive and out of the dowager queen's clutches so he could extract confessions out of them.