Sacrifice

*Sumire's POV*

A small figure walked into the room. I knew the tiny, quiet footsteps anywhere but I sigh as I know why she's here.

I was still kneeling at the end of Mondo's bed my hand in his as he finally fell asleep to my soothing words.

'Why would he sacrifice himself?' Stellae asks quietly. 'He knew the consequences of it but he did it anyway'

I sigh.

'Because Papa is a stubborn old man, you get it from him' she chuckles. 'But also to keep what he loved safe, and in this case it was the future of his family' I smile as I remember all the times he told us he loved us with his whole heart and promised never to leave.

It was quiet for a minute as she moved closer to the bed and me.

'Please Mama.....I can save him' she said. I jolted upright from the bed, I let go of Mondo's hand.

'They told you didn't they?' I asked.

She nodded.

I grit my teeth in anger. 'They swore me that they would never to tell you, but they never listen to me' I sigh.

'Mama..' she says desperately.

'No Stellae, Papa will get better but we won't be hurting anyone else in the process, especially you my Star' I say as I run my hand through her long black hair. She frowns but a small tear escapes her eye. I wipe it off. 'Trust me Star he will get through this, as a family' I rest my forehead against hers as I hear her sigh in relief.

'Very well Mama' she says as we both pull away. I give her a kiss to her forehead as well.

'Thank you my shining Star' I say before she walks out the door. She gives me a warm smile.

'Of course Mama, I love you' she replies.

'I love you too Star' I reply. She leaves the room quietly closing the door. I sigh before kneeling back down besides Mondo again. 'Why is she so much like you Mondo....' I mumble.

*Stellae's POV*

It was just turning midnight.

The whole day had passed but all I could think about were Jolly and Dante's words. On how I could save Papa. I decided on a plan to save him.

I snuck through the house making sure I woke no one. I made it to Papa's room without any problem or delay. I carefully opened the door to Papa's room just incase Mama was still inside. I peek my head through to see only Papa lying in bed peacefully.

I let out a breath of relief.

I carefully move into the room and closing the door quietly behind me making the smallest click as it closed. I moved over to Papa's bed. I hovered my hand about Papa's chest and muttered a small incantation.

Please Oh please,
Blessed Taroco cards,
Release my Papa of his pain,
And bear me with its burden,
In exchange....

My surroundings glowed yellow as the spell started, and just like that I was out cold full of pain that captured my body. Ow..

*Dante's POV*

'Sumire will have my head' I mumble as I light the cigar in my mouth.

'Well, she will definitely blame you for the consequences of their precious daughter that's for sure' Jolly says. My eyes widened.

'You didn't tell her about the consequences!' I shout.

Jolly just shrugs. 'It never came up' He said. I slammed my fist on the table, and just at that moment did I hear a scream. I look over to Jolly as his eyes were the slightest bit widened.

'No..' I mumbled before I ran to Papa's room.

Once I get there I basically rip the door from its hinges. I gasp at the sight.

*Mondo's POV*

'Stellae! Stellae my Shining Star! Wake up!' I shout as the door shoots open but I ignore it as I try to shake my daughter awake. Sumire was by my side bawling her eyes out as our youngest lay unconscious in my arms. Footsteps were heard and then gasps. I look up to see the faces of Luca, Nova, Libertá, Dabito and Pace. My eyes start to fog up with tears. 'Please Stellae, answer me! Stellae' I shook her.

This time I got a reaction but the worst one possible. She started to cough up blood. I still held her close but Pace and Luca went to get towels to wipe up the blood. Tears fell down my face as she kept coughing up the blood. Then she stopped as her eyes fluttered open.

'Stellae!' Sumire cried. But what we saw left us all in tears. Stellae lay in my arms as her beautiful ocean eyes were paralysed. No emotions showed. No memories. Nothing. It was all blank. Just like her blank stare.

'Stellae...no...' I look up to the voice that spoke to see Nova frozen as he stared at Stellae as a small tear fell from his cheek. I widen my eyes at the boy in front of me. He loved my daughter.......

Cough Cough.

Sue coughed up more and more blood. I looked away from Nova. She had blood running down from her mouth as the blood dripped to her suit. Sumire moved to the other side of Stellae so she could also hold her as she cried and cried.

Pace and Luca finally came back with the towels. I carried Stellae back to her room. Everyone followed. Sumire changed her into her nightgown. Three of us stayed by her side that night. I, Sumire and......Nova.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

937 words!

Hope you enjoyed~

Please comment BTW I want to see your verdict on the story.