Don't Be Disappointed. (Part 3)

I picked up the microphone from the pole mid stride, feeling an awful lot like those fake money making shows employees sometimes watched during their breaks.

"Uh, hi." I couldn't help but grin as I spoke into the black cube that magically attracts everyone's attention, including Joey's, who's eyes were about as big as the moon.

"I know we're all very busy, so I'll make this short and sweet like Henry- This was never a show."

The camera people who had been busy zooming in on poor Henry who I had gotten flustered with my statement were all focused on me, along with everyone else in the field.

"Every moment of that show you watched was real. Joey had been holding us hostage in the studio and filming us without any of us knowing it 'till today."

Everyone was staring at me oddly now, and I knew what I was saying must seem insane to them, but I continued, hoping to get some sort of justice that didn't end with me in the big house.

"Joey has been luring people back to his old studio for years, killing them and then turning them into ink creatures for the show you've been watching." I walked around the stage as if I were a stand up comedian, which was probably what the people saw me as. Just some guy after the show making up a story for entertainment.

"I don't know if you believe me or not, but I don't care. I'm still taking my torchered souls and leaving, if we get justice or not. Just don't be disappointed when Joey doesn't put out another show."

I glanced out at the crowd one more time, only seeing a faint glow of electronics reflecting on their faces as I clicked the microphone off and slid it back into its pedestal.

Hm. They really cared less than I thought they would.

I could see Joey's bouncers climbing the stairs and I jumped from the stage, dashing back to Henry and the others, security puffing behind me.

They noted the security and followed a short distance behind me, no one stopping to ask questions.

The grass was sort of slick beneath my feet, adrenaline rushing through me as I led my group through the crowd to the back of the stage to collect the lost ones before booking it.

I skidded to a stop in front of them, telling them how we'd have to run as far and as fast as we could till we were out of the field, and out of Joey's reach.

I was slightly worried that the lost ones wouldn't know how to run because they stood still most of the time, just staring at you blankly.

Boy was I wrong, those globs of ink were about the same speed as Henry & Sheep man, both of them being more human than me and Susie.

As we dash across the field the normal humans backed out of our way, clearly intimidated by the amount of monsters that had popped up outta nowhere like weeds.

Fame to shame in one night, what an accomplishment.

We were now on the edge of the field, only one thing in our way. Those pathetic little metal barriers.

Oh, and I almost forgot, the cops were also in our way. No big deal.

Despite the red and blue flashing lights and the cops flooding out of the cars, we still jumped over the barrier.

There really was no time to reconsider, Joey's people still on our tails (mine anyways,) and that the humans were getting tired by now, and I really didn't want to wear them out anymore.

The sun sunk further behind the horizon, the sky turning just about the best color I have ever seen. The clouds were all lit up in this amazing warm color of peaches and oranges.

I wanted to watch it until it disappeared, only, there's not really enough time to do that when you've got a murderer on your heels and the cops in your face.

I made sure everyone had gotten out of the field, now following behind the crowd to make sure no one got left behind.

Except, when I tried to get over the barrier I just passed out.

-

-

I regain consciousness on a couch with only one thought on my mind.

'Damn this thing is soft....'

We have couches in the studio, they're nice and all, but you can feel the springs through the fabric, which isn't the most luxurious thing in the world.

But this thing, HOLY FUCK. This is the best couch in existence I'm sure.

This leads me to my next observation, which is that I'm tied up. Whoever did it did a cheap ass job, because they're literally jump ropes.

I could easily break through them, call for Henry, or sit on the couch.

So I take the obvious choice and continue laying on the couch.

The ceiling is white and flakey looking above me, the walls a light shade of blue. A television sits across from the sofa along with a few small white tables with little trinkets on them.

My eyes strain a bit at the color, and I'm 99% percent sure I took some more of Joey's happy juice.

I flex my hands under the jump rope, which has small little stripes of pink in it.

I decided that rotten tooth yellow is no longer my favorite color.

The couch is a nice white color as well, which makes me wonder if the person who owns this place is color blind.

I laugh. "Wow, I would kill to see how this looks to the audience. A cast member passed out, frothing at the mouth..."

The jump ropes easily slip off my wrists as I stand up and head over to a nearby window. If anything goes wrong, I may as well break my bones as well.

Only there's a bunch of cars already outside, so something clearly already went wrong.

"FUCK. THE COPS ARE  HERE." I yell to no one in particular, only the people look up at me when I yell that.

"I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU." I yell at them, but they keep looking at me.

I feel someone come up behind me and I pin them to the wall. "Fuck you I'm not going to jai-" But the I recognize the poor human I slammed to the wall. "Oh shit, sorry about that Henry.."

Henry falls to the ground gasping for air so I give him a small pat on the back. "There are cops outside, just so you know.."