Chapter 7- Glynn's Leaving of the Fellowship

Glynn's Pov

I walked to my room, trying to remember what just happened. I don't know what I've been thinking. Joining on a dangerous mission. It could take my life, but seeing that other people are willing to give their lives for the 1 ring, I wanted to join. Seeing the other elleth, I know it was my destiny. My legacy. I remember a prophet my grandmother, Lady Galadriel told me.

A group made of 11.

2 men, 3 elves, 4 hobbits, and a dwarf

Set out in a journey throughout Middle-Earth

But 1 decides to stay back

From battle after battle,

They are one step closer to win.

Until a she elf let out a death rattle,

Killing the Dark Lord once and for all.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Not all those who wander are lost

And the crownless shall be king again

Using the renewed blade that was broken

A/N. for the poem, I tried. Honestly, I did. I'm bad at writing poems. And this is my first fanfiction. And yes, I took some parts from a poem in the books.

When I was packing, Aragorn came bolting in, looking mad. "Why did you want to join the Fellowship? You know I won't let you!" He shouted, angrily.

"But I want to! You know that I want to help. Besides, you guys need a healer. I know that you're a healer, but you're mainly a fighter, and you'll be fighting most of the time. I don't expect that Tauriel is a fighter either. I've talked to her before, and she was the captain of the guards in Mirkwood before she got banished 77 years ago!" I paused to take a deep breath before I continued. "I really want to do this. Please."

"Ah, yes. You were correct that Tauriel was the captain of the guards, but over the years, she has been living here in Imladris, or she has been spending time in the wild with me, or by herself. We've become close friends. She's learned how to be a healer from Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel, so she knows a lot. Don't judge her."

I didn't know how to counter him back. "Ok, fine. You win. I'll stay back. But before you go, I want to tell you something. A prophecy. You may have heard of a different poem that's similar to this.

A group made of 11.

2 men, 3 elves, 4 hobbits, and a dwarf

Set out in a journey throughout Middle-Earth

But 1 decides to stay back

From battle after battle,

They are one step closer to win.

Until a she elf let out a death rattle,

Killing the Dark Lord once and for all.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Not all those who wander are lost

And the crownless shall be king again

Using the renewed blade that was broken"

Aragorn stood there, speechless, and stood there for a moment, before coming back to the present. He left the room, wordlessly. I sighed, and unpacked everything.