He looks at his hand then he keeps it back on his stomach. I rest my hands on his chest and keep my chin above them, looking at him.

"I love your eyes." I tell him, which makes him shy all of a sudden. "I want to be the little spoon." I tell him before turning. He also turns and hugs me from behind. "Good." I comment.

"Chase?" I ask after a silence for a few minutes.

"Yes?" He asks. I turn to face him.

"I thought to do this nicely, but would you like to be my boyfriend?" I ask him. Why the fuck can't I be a little patient. I had a full proposal planned in my mind. I was going to bake cupcakes and write the question on them. Now that Malea has baked my apartment, I'm letting it go. I could've made them here too, but again, Patience and I don't get along.

"What the hell am I then?" He asks, confusion lacing his voice.

"I don't know, Luke said I had to ask you." I tell him. I should've read books instead of sneaking out with Luke all the time.

"I thought we were married now?" He says, lifting up the finger I slipped my ring into.

"We are?" I ask.

"Umhmm."

"Okay then, I'm sleepy husband." I tell him, suppressing a yawn.

"Sleep, wife." He says, kissing my forehead. There comes back that weird feeling in my stomach. I kiss his forehead too. I love doing that. He closes his eyes.

This man is the most precious person in the world. He's an asshole sometimes, but I'm not going to hold it against him. Okay maybe sometimes I will.

I kiss his jaw before closing my eyes too.

I have a boyfriend now. I mentally pat my back for finally having a boyfriend.

........

Chase divorced me right after I woke up. He won't tell me why but I don't know why he was sleeping on the floor though. He's still my boyfriend, that's a good thing I guess.

"No one will know." I tell him.

"No, it's not safe." He says.

"We'll just go and come back." I plead.

"Celeste."

"Chase."

"No. We're not going anywhere, and neither are you." He says with finality in his voice.

"You don't even have to go inside. Please?" I try to give him my best puppy eyes.

"You're looking like an idiot, stop making that face. We'll buy you clothes tomorrow and if it's so urgent then let's go now. I'm not going to let you enter that place that was burning not even half a day ago and that's it." He says, turning the gas off. "Now sit down and eat."

"I'm not hungry." I say, not in the mood to eat anymore.

"Yes you are, you didn't even have lunch." He says, looking at me blankly.

"I'll eat on one condition." I say.

"Fine. If it's too much you won't go in. Now eat." He finally says with a sigh.

"Thankyou so much." I quickly kiss his cheek and sit at the dining table, waiting for him to serve.

I suggested that we can get my clothes from the apartment since my room was fine according to the firefighter dude but he didn't agree, saying it's not safe and blah, blah. I mean, I'll wear a mask so it won't be that bad and secondly, he might have uncountable money in his bank account, I don't. I need everything, from undies to shoes and I'm not gonna buy everything again when they aren't even damaged. Idiot man.