"I just bought clothes a couple of weeks back." I tell him, thinking about my precious pajamas. I haven't even worn them yet.

"We'll buy more. Now c'mon, you can go freshen up. I'll get you something to change into." He tells me.

"Okay." I replied, walking into the bathroom. I quickly washed my face, got rid of the makeup and rinsed my mouth till he came back.

Why did I decide to wear a dress today? I'm an idiot, that's why.

I heard a knock on the door, I opened it and saw Chase there with clothes. "Do you prefer shorts or pajamas?" He asked, showing me the choices.

"Shorts." I picked, it's hot today and I'll probably have to roll the pajamas, his damn long legs. He handed me the clothes. "Thankyou." I tell him as he walked away.

Quickly changing my clothes and trying not to sniff them, I walked out to see him already changed and sitting on the couch infront of his bed.

"You can go." I tell him, pointing to the bathroom.

"I used the other one." He tells me.

"Oh okay." I walked to the dresser and picked up a comb. I don't want to untangle the mess they are in. I tied them so messily in the morning since I was late.

I remove the scrunchie, letting the mess fall. I moved my fingers through my hair, trying to lessen the knots.

"Do you need help?" Chase asks.

"Yes please." I went and sat between his legs on the ground and handed him the comb. "Sometimes I want to cut all of them off and solve all my problems." I sigh.

"They're beautiful." He tells me, while he gently tries to comb my hair as if they'll all fall if he tugged too harshly.

10 minutes later, my hair was knot-free. We sat in silence since all his focus was on my hair. He gave me a head-massage afterward. I almost proposed to him to marry me at that point but then I realised that I didn't even ask him to be my boyfriend yet.

I held his hands, stopped him and kissed the back of both of his hands. "Thankyou so much." I tell him.

"Stop thanking me for every single thing." He says.

I stood up, turning to him. "Are you hungry or you'll eat later?" I ask.

"Later." He replies.

"Good." I say before throwing myself on the bed. God, it feels so good to lie down after working all day. I felt the bed dip beside me. He too lied down, but at a distance so I rolled and laid my head on his chest. I swear I felt him stop breathing for a second but then his hand found its way to my hair.

"Can we reschedule our date? I don't wanna go out after all that happened today." I ask.

"Don't worry about it." He says, I feel his chest rumble as he speaks. I shift upwards, now lying on my back like him.

I pick up his free hand he kept on his stomach and raise it up in the air. It looks so empty. "It looks empty." I voice my thoughts and removed the ring I was wearing on my thumb and try it on his every finger. It fits in the little one. "It's yours now." I tell him.

It's a simple black ring and has nothing girly about it.

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝘀𝗲 | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara