"Kayden! Why're you so clumsy?" I say sarcastically. When I bend down to pick it up, his phone case literally fell off of his phone.

He needs to get a more protective case.

His phone is probably shattered but that's what you get for getting a bad phone case.

Wait, why I look down, I see my gum wrapper shaped heart next to the case. He kept it!

He quickly takes all three things away from me, and quickly shoves the heart in the phone case, then putting it back onto his phone.

I don't want to say anything because by the look of his red face, he may be embarrassed.

He opens his phone hands me his phone."Put your phone number in here," He gives me his phone to put my number. Once I do that, I take out mine and give it to him to put his number.

When I see his contact name is just 'Kayden', I change it to 'Kay 💃🕺'. I'm the girl dancing and he's the boy.

"Well I have to go, see you whenever!"I tell him while opening the door to the diner.  I see as he goes back into his car.

When I look inside the diner, there is people everywhere.

"Soul! Thank God you're here! This place is packed and Nevaeh isn't here today. I need you to get dressed quick and start serving," she tells me quickly while heading to the back.

"Wait Tate! I don't know what to do!" she didn't even give me any context on what to do. She stops in here tracks and turns around.

"Grab a pad and a pen. Ask people what they want, give it to Pablo, wait till the bell dings, deliver food to the table. Got it?" She asks. She's really stressed, I can see it on her face.

"Yup got it!" I quickly head to the lockers and get changed. Skating around the diner wasn't that hard because I was used to ice skating and it's actually kind of similar.

I go to table 6 and have a pad and pen in my hand. "Hi! Welcome to Captain Diner, what can I get for you!"

Once the couple finishes with their order, I head to the back and pin the pad onto Pablo's wall for him to make.

*7 HOURS LATER*

This goes on for about 7 more hours on repeat. I'm exhausted.

Tate, Isaac and I are now sitting in the front drinking slushees. Everyone is almost out now because the diner closes in a few minutes.

"That was exhausting," I moan in exhaustion. We all look like we ran 7 miles in an hour. My hair was in a bun, and now it's in a loose pony tail.

"Y'all can head home, Ill finish up here," Isaac says to me and Tate.

"Thank the Lord for you Isaac," I tell him while I smile. Tate and I head to the locker rooms and get dressed. It looks pretty cold outside so it's good that I'm wearing a hoodie since I walking.

Tate left through the back exit because it's more 'safer' I guess but I decided I wanted to leave from the front.

When I exit the diner, I'm hit with a cool breeze. That feel so good. When I step down from the side walk, I see Kayden leaning against the wall. One of his legs are on the wall and he's wearing that leather jacket again.

"Kay? What're you doing here," I ask in confusion.

"Come on Soul! I'm driving you home." He yells across from the parking lot.

"It's okay! I can walk back, it's only 10 minutes!" I shout back at him.

He starts walking towards me while I try to meet him in the middle.