Chapter 7- A New Knight

Tommy POV

To say Tommy was annoyed would be an understatement. A guard? The last thing he needed was someone following him around everywhere. Besides this meant he couldn't visit Tubbo. How would he even survive?

Tommy sat in his room, his knees tucked up to his chest as he looked out the window. He buried his face in his lap, closing his eyes for a moment. How would even survive? At least with Tubbo he had someone to talk to, someone who would actually help him. Now he was alone.

"Prince Thomas?" a voice called, uncertainty evident in their voice.

Tommy looked up, blinking away the tears that had been forming. "That's me." he sighed.

A knight stood in front of him, bowing respectfully. His hair was a dark green, matching his dark brown eyes. "My name is Sam, I've been assigned to be your protector by King Philza."

"More like a babysitter." Tommy muttered, rolling his eyes. "And just call me Tommy."

"Very well. I am to-"

"Follow me around wherever I go." the blonde cut him off. "I know how it works. It's just like last time."

Sam looked at him with sympathy leaking from his eyes. "I apologize Pr- Tommy. I'm just doing my job."

Tommy sighed, nodding. "I know, it's not your fault." His head hung low as the guilt flowed in. "I'm sorry for being in such a bad mood. I have no right to take it out on you."

"It's alr-"

"No! It's not. It's not alright." Tommy interrupted. "That doesn't make me any better than Phil." He took a deep breath before looking up at Sam, meeting his eyes. "Now accept my apology."

"But-"

"I am the prince and you must do as I say. Accept my apology." Tommy smirked, humor sparking in his blue eyes.

Sam laughed, "Very well Tommy."

Tommy smiled, it had been a while since someone had laughed at him. Someone besides Tubbo and his family. He loved the feeling it gave. It made him never want to stop smiling. "I was going to head to the library."

"Of course Tommy."

Tommy rolled his eyes, hating the way he said it. If he was going to be stuck with the knight for a while he figured they should become friends. That would make it more bearable for the both of them. Besides, without Tubbo he had pretty much no one. Maybe Techno, but he wasn't completely sure yet.

"Don't you want to know why?" he asked.

"I'm not-"

"Look, you and I are on the same level. We may have different titles, but we can still call ourselves friends, alright?" Tommy told him. 

"Friends?" Sam echoed, surprised that's what the prince wanted. Since when did the royal family make friends with people under their level? Sam smiled, taking a liking to the youngest prince.

"Yup, now come on." A hint of mischief entered his eye. "Race you!" The blonde took off, leaving a confused Sam in the dust.

Tommy raced all the way to the library, only looking behind him once. Sam was ages behind, not being as fast as the blonde. Tommy chuckled to himself, quickly dunking into the room and hiding behind a shelf. He giggled to himself, excited to do what he was about to do.

Sam frantically entered the library, clearly looking for the blonde he had been ordered to never leave his sight. He was about to shout for the boy before a shout came from behind him, causing him to fall over in surprise.

Tommy laughed at him for a moment before offering a hand to help the frightened knight up. "You should have seen the look on your face!"

Sam sighed in relief as he was helped to his feet. "You scared me! Please don't do that again!" he begged.

"I can't guarantee anything Big S." a smile passed his lips at the nickname. Immediately Tommy began searching the shelves, looking for one book in particular. 

An hour passed with still no luck. Sam couldn't take it any longer, finally asking. "What are you looking for? Perhaps I can help?" he offered.

Tommy looked at him. "It's a book of song. The book of ancient songs we used to sing." 

"Why would you need a book of songs?" Sam questioned.

Tommy bit his lip, sighing. He knew he would probably have the same reaction as his family if he told him. Better to keep it a secret. He didn't want to risk Sam thinking he was crazy or something. Or worse telling Phil and promoting the punishment. "Just for practice, you know. For the festival coming up."

"Are you singing-"

"Wilbur probably has the book." Tommy interrupted, not wanting Sam to ask any more questions. "I should go see." he began, his voice trailing off. What would Wilbur say?

"I can get it for you if you want?" Sam suggested, obviously seeing the discomfort on the boy's face.

"No, I can get it. I like talking to Wilbur." Tommy said, showing a sad smile. "Or I used to at least." he muttered under his breath. Who knows? Maybe Wilbur was in a really good mood. Maybe he would act less mean then usual. Tommy attempted to convince himself with no success.

The two headed out of the library and down the halls towards Wilbur's chamber. Tommy bit his lip harder and harder the closer they got. Stopping outside the door, he took a deep breath before knocking softly. 

"Come in." 

Tommy pushed the door open slowly, making himself known. His eyes widened when he saw Techno sitting on his bed, his violin in his lap. 

"Tommy." Wilbur growled, standing up with his guitar in hand.

"Hey Tommy." Techno spoke, a lot more gentleness lacing his tone.

Tommy looked at the floor, deciding just to get to what he wanted. The quicker, the better. "I was just wondering... have you seen the book of ancient songs? The one Phil used to-"

"No I haven't." Wilbur snapped, his eyes staring at him with an icy glare. "Leave."

"Wil-" 

"Tech, it's my room. Besides, he knows he's not welcome here." He sat down, a few feet away from Techno. His hands glided above the guitar, preparing to play.

Tommy's eyes lit up at the sight. "What are you going to play?! Can I lis-"

"I said get out Tommy! Are you that stupid? Can you not understand what I'm saying?!" Wilbur yelled.

Tommy flinched at the sharpness in his tone. His eyes fell to the ground, all the excitement deflating. "Oh... okay." He paused, tears beginning to cloud his vision. "Sorry Wilby- Wilbur." he corrected himself, immediately running out of the room with Sam following.

Wilbur stood there frozen. 

"Did he just call me Wilby?"

----------------

Hope you liked it!

Thank you for 1.2K!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

-Snowy