Chapter 3- Can This Wait Until Morning?

"I'll be there

Don't you worry

I'll keep you safe

All through the night."

Tommy woke with a start, his eyes immediately bouncing around the room. No one was there, he realized. He sighed, closing his eyes for a moment. He knew that voice, he was certain of it. So why couldn't he figure out where it was from?

He slipped out of bed, looking out the window for a brief second. It was still dark. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep again. So instead he decided to talk to someone. Someone who would actually listen to him.

The blonde pulled on his comfortable clothes, adding a cloak to keep him warm before pulling on his boots. Effortlessly he climbed out his window, promising himself that he would be back before dawn.

It's not like anyone would notice he was gone anyway.

He raced through the woods, glancing back a few times to make sure his departure remained a secret. The town came into view, making him slow down a bit.

Hopefully Tubbo was awake, or at least wouldn't mind waking up at this hour. 

Tommy walked up the path to his house, heading towards the window he knew was Tubbo's. He knocked on it gently, hoping it would only wake him up. 

A groan came from inside the room before he saw Tubbo's tired figure walk towards him, nearly tripping a few times. He opened the window, yawning. "Tommy? What are you doing here?"

Tommy chuckled, "I needed to talk to you big man. Can I come in?"

"You mean I can refuse?" Tubbo smirked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. 

Tommy rolled his eyes. "But you won't. Come on, let me in!"

Tubbo laughed, offering him a hand to climb into the room. Tommy took it with a grateful smile, carefully entering the room. Immediately he laid on the bed, enjoying the comfort it provided.

"So what's up?" Tubbo questioned, closing the window and turning towards him.

"Do you ever hear voices in your dreams?"

Tubbo raised an eyebrow. "I guess, what do you mean?"

"I've been hearing this song in my dreams. And I swear I've heard it before! But I have no idea where!" Tommy explained, hoping Tubbo wouldn't have the same reaction Wilbur had. His heart couldn't handle that.

"Do you know the person who's singing it?" the older questioned.

"I don't know!" Tommy exclaimed, the frustration finally creeping into his words. "I thought I did but I can't be sure."

Tubbo thought for a moment. "Have you talked to Phil about it-"

"You know he wouldn't even give me the time of day. Besides he'll probably have the same reaction Wilbur did."

"What did Wilbur say?"

"That it wasn't real."

"I mean technically it wasn't-" Tubbo began, earning a playful nudge from Tommy.

"I'm not talking about the dream! It's the song I'm more concerned about."

Tubbo yawned again, looking longingly at his bed. "Can we talk about this in the morning? I think my bed is calling to me."

"Well what am I supposed to do?" Tommy asked with a huff.

"You should sleep too." Tubbo shrugged.

"But won't Dream be mad that I stayed here without permission?" Tommy questioned, not wanting to get Tubbo in trouble.

"I doubt he'll care." Tubbo climbed into bed, making Tommy scoot over. He got under his blankets, glancing towards Tommy who was just sitting there. "Are you going to sleep Toms?"

He looked back at Tubbo, worried what Phil would do if he found out he was gone. "I guess Phil won't ever know." he sighed, finally climbing into the bed alongside Tubbo.

Tubbo smiled, snuggling up to the blonde. Tommy rolled his eyes, but didn't push the brunette away. "Someone's clingy." he commented with a smirk. If Tommy was really being honest he loved physical touch like this, especially when he didn't get any from his own family.

"Look who's talking."

-----------

Hope you liked it!

Thank you for 293 reads!! 

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy