Chapter 15 - Historia

Comincia dall'inizio

It's the scouts.

I try to maintain some professionalism as Hange steps out of a carriage, offering me an eager wave. Armin, Mikasa, and Eren step out behind her, but no Levi.

Before my spirits drop, the door to the next carriage opens, and there's my broody knight in all his shining glory.

There's a permanent scowl etched onto his face as he casts his bored gaze on the military building before us, but when his eyes find me, they light up, and he almost appears ten years younger.

"Hello, Your Majesty..."

He speaks internally and I almost smirk. Of course, how could I have forgotten? We have our internal mind speak, and this meeting will surely be fun...

Darius Zackly will be none the wiser as Levi and I have some inner monologue.

Sasha, Jean, and Connie move out after him, and the three smile when I see me.

"Historia!" Sasha calls, and that's my cue to go over.

I am only seeing my old friends, of course. Not a certain, grumpy captain. Though I may say hello to Levi too.

I rush forth, throwing my arms around Sasha, and she lifts me off my feet. She's getting strong. Looks like all that seafood Niccolo has been feeding her has done her wonders.

"So, how's the railroad coming along?" I ask as Jean and Connie join us. Mikasa and Armin join too, as Hange and Eren hold back. Levi stands a little way to the left, folding his arms in his broody manner.

"Excellent, apart from all the water Sasha keeps stealing," Jean gripes, glowering at the girl in question. "We have to keep taking turns to make sure she doesn't sneak off and drink it all."

Armin makes a small sound in agreement. "Yeah, it's getting tiring. At least Mikasa managed to stop her that one time."

Mikasa narrows her eyes. "You're all too soft with her. It takes a woman to stop a woman after all..."

I stifle a snort. I doubt that. Mikasa's just the strongest in the whole group, and Sasha would be wise not to cross her.

Sasha shrugs, spreading her arms out. "What can I say? That pail of water looked fresh and it had my name it."

Connie steps closer to Sasha, almost level with her height now. "Yeah, well you better not think about stealing any water when it gets hot. Summer's around the corner, after all. We will die out there if you keep hogging all the water, Sasha."

She spreads her arms even further, smirking. "So drink your spit, idiot."

The two start bickering and that's when Levi interrupts. "Cut it out! We're about to head into a state meeting. So act like adults, not your shoe sizes."

He leaves, showing us all his back. I know he doesn't mean to ignore me but it still stings. I watch the Wings of Freedom on the back of his coat as he vanishes into the building with Hange and Eren, but I still throw in the last word.

"See you in inside, Daddy..."

...

My eyes glaze as Darius' boring voice drones on and on, and it really is hard to look alive in these meetings. Everyone else manages just fine, but I do feel a small bit of relief when I spot Sasha dozing off. Connie nudges her with his elbow, and she startles.

At least I'm not the only one who's getting tired. The premier just has that kind of voice that makes you want to fall asleep. I think I even spy old Pixis looking a little jaded on the Garrison side of the room as he sneaks a hand into his pocket, stealing a nip of whiskey from his flask.