chapter 16 (editing)

Bpov

"Hello, Mr. Black. It's nice to see you again." No it's not. I say in my head.

"The reason we asked you here, is I would like you to accompany me to the ball Friday night." I gasped.

It's bad enough I have to wear a damn dress, now I got to go with this creep.

"Oh, I see. So what time should I be ready then Mr. Black?"

"I will send the limo for you at 6ish on Friday." I nodded.

I turned to Edward. "If that's all Mr. Cullen, I need to take Ms. Webber with me, for I have have to go dress shopping." He nods.

I walked out but I was very irritated. Once I left his office I went to Angela and told her she was taking the rest of the day off, that we were going dress shopping.

It was finally Friday I made Angela take a half a day off with me so both of us could get ready.

I'm so dreading this night. Not only do I have to wear a stupid dress, I have to go meet up with that creep, Jacob Black.

Now I know why I don't date. Men can be jerks. Alice and Rosalie came and done our hair and makeup.

I went and finally put on my dress and shoes while did Angela hair and makeup.

I walked out. "Oh my god Bella, you look absolutely stunning." Alice said. I start to blush.

Angela got her dress on. We heard a knock on the door. It was the driver picking me up.

I was so nervous. I got into the limo. Alice and her boyfriend were driving there.

This is the first time I ever went to. The limo comes to a stop.

My heart starts to pound. The door opens up. I get out and the were camera flashes everywhere.

I tried to cover my face and walk forward. I got to the door. Once inside, Jacob see me and walks up to me.

He holds out his hand and takes a bow in front of me. I did a small bow back. "Good evening, Ms. Swan. You look specular tonight."

"Thank you, Mr. Black." He held his arm out. "Shall we?" He says to me. I take his arm and he leads me into a bigger room.

I looked around there were alot of people here. There was music playing, some people were dancing. Some were at a buffet table, others were just talking with other people.

"Oh where are my matters, Ms. Swan would you like something to drink?" Jacob asked me.

"Yes, I like a glass of campaign please." I told him. He let go of my hand and walked away.

I then saw Edward talking to someone at a table he was sitting at.

He had turned and caught sight of me. He took a double take. I had to giggle, because it look like he was going to fall out of his chair.

I turned so he didn't see me laugh. Jacob came back with a glass of campaign and handed it to me.

"Thank you!" After about an hour Jacob drag me up to the dance floor.

"Umm, Mr. Black I'm sorry but I really don't know how to dance." I told him.

"Oh nonsense, it's easy." He takes one of my hand and puts it on his waist, then he puts his just in the middle of my back. The takes my other hand into his.

"Now, just follow me." He told me. "Alright but don't say I didn't warn you that I won't step on your toes sir."

As we move I stepped on his feet a couple of times. All we did is laugh about it up until he slid his hand down.