CHAPTER 5 (editing)

Bpov

I sent Sandy home from work at about 5:30 p.m. I stayed after. It's been about 3 days since the meeting and I had the. Offer for the promotion.

I had talked. It over with my family to. They l should take it too.

I tapped my pen against the desk. "What are you doing here?" I was startled by Mike voice.

"Working on a clients book. I wanted to get some work done on it before we leave on our trip." I wasn't paying attention when Mike walked in and was standing beside me.

"Is that all you do is work Bella?" I jumped when he put his hand on my arm.

"Yes, how do you think I got to where I am today." I told him taking his hand off my arm.

I shut my laptop. I put it in my bag. I get up to walk up but Mike grabbed me and pushed me against the wall.

I tried to push him off of me. "Mike get off of me!" He didn't budge. "Oh come on Swan have a little fun."

"No, not with and not this way get off me." Mike puts his face close to mine. I turn my face away from him.

"Mike get away from me!" I tried to push him away again but he was stronger then me.

"MR. NEWTON IF YOU VALUE YOUR JOB YOU WILL BACK AWAY FROM MISS. SWAN. I THINK ALREADY ASKED." Mr. Cullen told Mike.

Mike step back and walked out. I slid down to the floor. "Thank you!" Was all I could say at the moment.

"Are you alright Miss. Swan." He asked me.

"Bella." I breathed out.

"Excuse me?" I took a deep. "If were going to be working together call me Bella, please."

He kneeled down in front of me. "Alright then, Bella call me Edward. I take it your taking the promotion then?"

I looked up to see his grin. "Yes, I'm taking the promotion." I returned the smile.

"So what were you doing here anyways?" He asked.

"I was working on that book you gave me to work on. I was going to stay on my couch here and leave out in the morning for the airport. I live so far out that it was easier."

He looks at me confused. "Do you stay here often?" I nod my head.

"I guess your devoted to your work as I am." Just listen. "I may be not as gifted as you are but I work never the less. Grab your stuff and follow me."

I grabbed my suit case and everything else and followed Edward.

We went into the elevator. "Have you lived in New York all your life?"

I was looking at the floor when he asked me. "No, I actually don't live in New York, I live in Rhode Island. I stay with Rosalie or Alice if I don't want to drive all the way home."

I can't believe he talking to me or even asking me about anything about me. Maybe I was wrong about him.

The elevator stopped but when we got off the elevator he turned to the right instead of going straight.

"Bella I don't bite. Come this way." I followed him silently.

We came to a door and he open it. It had a bed in it a couch with a small coffee table. There was a small fridge.

I sat down on the couch. "You can sleep on the bed. No need for you to sleep in your office with a guy like running around."

"Thank you. Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

"I don't want to take a chance of Mike coming back and seeing you sleeping in your office." That was all he said.

Was there more to it. "There a bathroom through there I'll probably be back and I will sleep on the couch. Your safe in here."

Edward walked out. I looked around and was amazed.

I got up laid on the bed it didn't take me long before I was out.

Thank you for reading my stories, following me, voting and commenting.

I do not own all my characters Stephanie Meyers does

I own the rest of the characters and the story.