"I don't know, just play something, and I'll join in," I suggest. He nods and starts strumming the guitar. I wait a minute, getting a feel of what he's playing, and tap one of the drums gently until going full in. As Harry changes tempo from slow to fast, I follow, hitting the cymbals and pounding against the drums harder than before. All my anger from earlier releases into excitement and joy as I play free now. Nothing holds me back, and the music completely consumes me.

After Harry's guitar solo, I finish off with my drum solo. I smile, breathing hard while glancing over at Harry, who's also grinning. I find it so enduring he's always frowning or smirking, so it's refreshing to see him smile for a change. "Damn, your really good at playing the drums," he says, sounding astonished.

"Is it that unbelievable?"

"I mean, I assumed you just knew how to play a little and was over-exaggerating a bit to impress me."

"Pfft, I don't need to impress you. I know I was good," I'm a little annoyed that he makes it seem everything I do is about him. Very narcissistic of you, Harry.

"I know that's not really what I meant."

"Then what did you mean?" I cock a brow as a warning to be careful with his words.

"I just...you know, let's just forget. I just want to keep playing instead of arguing." I nod, letting it go wanting the same.

We play covers while we both take turns singing and sometimes harmonizing together. I was shocked at how well of a singer Harry is. Who knew this brute had a voice of an angel.
Before we leave, we tidy everything up in the studio. As we get into Harry's car, he suggests we get something to eat first.

Light water droplets hit the windshield, so Harry drives to the nearest restaurant, not wanting to get caught up in the rain. Conveniently we found a McDonald's, which isn't the greatest of choices, but it'll do. I ordered a chicken sandwich and large fries, and we shared twenty-piece nuggets. Harry didn't want to drive in the now crazy thunderstorm since it's an almost two-hour drive back to Headquarters. So we decided to park somewhere to eat our meal. I think we're not supposed to be parked here, but I know we won't be here long enough to get in trouble.

"This was fun. We should definitely do this again," Harry says with a genuine smile.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I pop a fry in my mouth and stare out the window. People are frantically running across the street, trying to shield themselves from the rain.

"I like what you did with your hair," he suddenly says.

"I just braided it," I shrug. It wasn't anything too crazy, in my opinion.

"Yeah, but still like it. They suit you well."

"Thank you," I finally accept the compliment. It's weird coming from him. He hardly gives them, especially to me. I don't know if he's trying to get on my good side because of how he's behaved this past month or genuinely means it. Whatever the reason, I'll take it with a grain of salt. Though he's showing strides, he wants to be my friend. I can't exactly trust Harry right now, especially when he can't even trust me.

"Look, I know you probably don't believe me, and I don't except you too after the way I've treated you, but I want to be able to get along. To be friends if you allow me to."

"Why? Why do you want to be friends all of a sudden?"

"Because you're the first person here that I can actually relate to. That actually might get me."

"Do you consider the others your friends?"

"Probably just Wade and Frankie, but that's because we've been through a lot together. Everyone else I just tolerate," he shrugs before throwing our empty containers in the bag.

"Didn't seem like you just tolerated Heather or Hallie" I grimace at the thought.

"Well, that's different." I begin to roll my eyes. "And don't go and think I'm just using them because they were horny too and came to me. It was a mutual agreement."

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever. I still think you're a pig regardless. Still, what makes it different for me? By the way, you acted. I thought you were just tolerating me too."

"I honestly don't know. I just know with you it's different from all the others, so if we can look past these pasts months and start over, that be great." His green eyes bore into mine, and I got lost in the hazy maze again. I know I shouldn't trust him, and I should keep my distance, and yet something pulls me in. My feet are willfully dragging me to danger, and I can't do anything to stop them. Just hope for the best that I won't get stabbed in the back.

"Fine, let's start over. Hi, I'm Amira." I put my hand out to him.

"Hi, I'm Harry."

He shakes my hand for what feels like longer than it should, but I don't stop it. His eyes shift from mine to my lips and back again before darting his tongue over his. My palm starts to sweat, and my heart rate quickens. I try to slip my hand out of his grasp, but Harry pulls me in closer and attaches his lips to mine.

❖❖❖❖❖

Hey, I'm back, and with another cliffhanger, don't kill me.

I had half of this written for a while just didn't know how I wanted to end it, but I think this worked best.

Hopefully, I'll have regular updates again since I'm not working atm. I also have some juicy stuff planned for the next couple of chapters, so I can't wait to share it with you all.

I'll update soon. Ily❦