"find out who the hell this is," he said and she shrugged as they started toward the limo. she tucked the stray hairs from her ponytail behind her ears and slipped her hands into the pockets in the back of her jeans as they neared the side of the limo.

"don't know what you're doing," peter nervously mumbled from beside jesse. "i'm gonna get in big trouble."

"y'all chill, all right? i'll take care of it," jesse said as they slowed at the side of the limo.

"he's a drug runner, i just know it!" peter whispered as the back door of the limo swung outward. sloane's lips parted slightly as her head tilted in confusion as a grown man in a suit and tie stepped out of the open door. the man pushed the door shut behind him and walked beside the limo until he stood in front of jesse and sloane.

"yo, dude, you obviously in the wrong hood," jesse explained and he scrunched his nose. "this is my dominion. this is a drug-free zone, you understand? we ain't buyin' nothin'. i'm feeling generous today, so i'm gonna let you get your sorry vanilla booty outta here before we be usin' your eyeballs as hockey pucks," he finished and sloane smiled as a laugh rose in her chest. she closed her eyes as laughter broke through her closed lips before lifting her head to look at the man in front of her.

"thanks, bro," the man said and sloane watched as he slowly lifted his hand, "but i'm not going home till i take care of business."

he slowly pulled his jacket away from his chest and slipped a gloved hand in. sloane's eyes widened in panic before she forced her expression back into its normal nonchalantness. jesse pressed his arm against her stomach and pushed her back as the team hurriedly moved away from the man. she fought to keep her demeanor calm and relaxed as the man shifted his hand in his jacket.

"oh my god!" "he's got a gun!" "stand back!" the team advised as the man began to pull his hand back. sloane let out a quiet sigh as he brought his hand from his jacket and held up a folded piece of white paper.

"district five peewee hockey team," the man said and the team retook their previous positions in front of the man. "i'm gordon bombay. i'm the new coach," he introduced and sloane snickered quietly as the rest of her teammates laughed loudly.

"yeah, right!" jesse snickered and tilted his head back.

"afraid so, dude. got the roster right here," bombay said as he unfolded the squared piece of paper in his hands. "anderson, sloane. averman, dave. conway, charlie. hall, terry."

"geez, he is the coach!" guy scoffed and sloane pulled her hands from her back pockets to fold them over her chest.

"this dude can't be the coach," sloane nonchalantly commented with a small shrug.

"now, here's the long and short of it. i hate hockey and i don't like kids," bombay explained and sighed as he looked away.

"what, supposed to be a pep talk?" peter sarcastically asked. sloane crossed her legs and placed her hands on her lower back as she shifted her hips slightly to the left.