Chapter Ten - His Night Out

Start from the beginning

"You ruined it," Marcus laughed, his eyes crinkling at the edges.

I always managed to. I'd forever be the easy-to-get girl. How did girls manage to pull off being unattainable and hot? I felt like I would always be waiting for a guy to notice me. To want me.

"Aren't you changing?" I quirked an eyebrow at Marcus.

"And alter this masterpiece? Nah," he shrugged into his own leather jacket and grinned at me. "We match."

Marcus pulled out his keys from his jacket pocket and walked towards the door. I trailed after him, locking my door on our way out.

"Wait, wait," I waved my arms frantically.

Marcus lifted an eyebrow at me in the hallway, but waited for me to continue.

"I don't think you're realizing how inept I am. You're not going to give me any advice? An inspirational speech? This is like Dumbledore dragging Harry into that cave to get the horcruxes and giving him no extra information. Give me the info, Marcus. I need the info. I'm not a chosen one," I jumped up and down on the spot nervously.

"Would you relax?" Marcus chuckled, putting his hands on my shoulders to hold me in place. "You'll be fine. Just remember eye contact and smiling." He turned around and began to walk towards the elevator before stopping and looking at me again, "And you know, you can touch his shoulder or something to express your interest."

"Touch... shoulders?" I gaped at him. It was clear he wasn't understanding how socially awkward I was and how little I knew about any of this stuff.

"Like a gentle, flirtatious touch. Don't maul the guy," he clarified.

I nodded, "Okay. Don't maul. I can do that."

He paused before reaching the elevator, "And you know, just flirt to show him you're interested."

I glowered at him, "Oh just flirt? I'm sorry, why didn't you just say that? You're a genius, Marcus. I have so much to learn from you."

Marcus laughed loudly, pressing the button for the elevator and we made our way through the foyer and into the parking lot.

Marcus swung his key ring on his finger and pressed the fob, a black pickup truck beeping in response.

"You drive a truck? It's huge."

"That's what she said," Marcus winked at me, opening the door for me. "Let me know if you need a boost."

I gave him a dry look and shuffled my way into the passenger seat in an unladylike manner.

Marcus opened the driver's door and slid in, buckling his seatbelt and starting the ignition, his truck roaring to life.

"So elaborate on flirting," I encouraged.

Marcus drove with one hand on the top of the steering wheel, his watch glistening in the moonlight, the other arm lazily hanging out of his open window. He stopped at a red light and turned to look at me.

"Hm," he hummed while locking his eyes with mine, a small smile playing on his lips, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

"What?" I laughed.