⠀⠀⠀ 𝒙. honorary guest

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀⠀Willow woke up at the end of class by Stiles shaking her shoulder. She opened her eyes slowly, still exhausted. She had felt exhausted ever since she came back.

⠀⠀⠀Stiles squatted next to her desk, smiling softly back at her. She didn't return it, sitting up in her seat and looking around in a daze. The class was clear with only her and her friends left in the room, along with Ms. Blake.

⠀⠀⠀"The bell rang," Stiles told her, his hand still on her arm.

⠀⠀⠀"Right," Willow sighed, yawning as she put her things away.

⠀⠀⠀Willow stood along with Stiles, Lydia, and Scott. They were just about to leave the room when Ms. Blake stopped them in their tracks.

⠀⠀⠀"Ms. Gallagher," Ms. Blake called, looking up from her desk, and smiled sweetly at the three of them. "Do you have a minute?" she asked.

⠀⠀⠀"I have to get to my next class," Willow stated, pointing her thumb behind her, still a little unnerved by her after everything with Derek. The fact that she had convinced Derek to keep his status to himself was a little off-putting to Willow. "I'll get detention if I'm late again."

⠀⠀⠀"I'll write you a note, don't worry," Ms. Blake assured her warmly, glancing at the three waiting at the door. "Your friends can go, though."

⠀⠀⠀Willow turned to look at them. They all looked on edge as well, glancing from Ms. Blake to Willow, waiting for her response.

⠀⠀⠀"I'll be fine," Willow told them. "Don't worry."

⠀⠀⠀Willow smiled faintly at Scott's comment, hating that her death and loss of powers had turned her into the vulnerable, damsel in distress person of their group to Scott. She hated the feeling and just wanted herself back.

⠀⠀⠀However, Scott accepted her insistence, and the three left. Willow knew Scott would keep an ear out if something went horribly wrong. And while Willow understood their worry, all Ms. Blake had done was try to keep Derek safe in the most idiotic (but undeniably human) way.

⠀⠀⠀Willow walked to Ms. Blakes' desk and smiled hesitantly down at the woman who shuffled through a few pages, then held out a flyer for Willow.

⠀⠀⠀"As you may know, I'm helping to host the memorial for the lives lost in these past couple of weeks," Ms. Blake explained.

⠀⠀⠀Willow stared down at the flyer, her eyes unable to come off of the text in front of her.

⠀⠀⠀"I would like you to attend as our honorary guest," Ms. Blake finished with a smile painted onto her lips.

⠀⠀⠀Willow looked up and frowned at the suggestion.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't think I should," Willow said, placing the flyer back down and pushing it toward Ms. Blake.

⠀⠀⠀"I know that this is hard and that you've been through a lot," Ms. Blake began, and Willow thought she should stop right there because there wasn't any reason she needed to go. "But I think this could be good for you. It'll allow you to come to terms with what's happened."

⠀⠀⠀"Aren't you an English teacher?" Willow asked suddenly, and Ms. Blake's face fell into confusion.

⠀⠀⠀"Yes."

⠀⠀⠀"Then why are you acting like my therapist?" Willow retorted. Her face began to burn, and she knew she was flushing red from the annoyance she was garnering from the woman.

⠀⠀⠀"You're right, I'm sorry," Ms. Blake told her, pushing her chair back and standing. "I shouldn't push you to do something you're not comfortable with."