⠀⠀⠀ 𝒗𝒊𝒊. patterns

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀⠀Lydia paused, frowning as she turned to stare at Stiles with narrowed eyes.

⠀⠀⠀"Why are you telling me this?" Lydia asked him.

⠀⠀⠀"Because I don't want to put more stress on Willow than she already has, same with Bridgette and Scott's dealing with the Alpha twins," Stiles explained, sighing. Lydia looked at him in confusion. "You don't know about the twins?"

⠀⠀⠀"Alphas?" Lydia asked.

⠀⠀⠀"Ethan and Aiden."

⠀⠀⠀Lydia turned away from him, nodding her head.

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I knew about them," Lydia said a little too quickly and diverted their conversation to something else that caught her attention. "What's wrong with Willow? Other than the fact she was kidnapped."

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, she died," Stiles explained.

⠀⠀⠀Lydia's mouth fell open in shock, her eyes widening, but Stiles continued without giving her a second to catch up.

⠀⠀⠀"So, look, here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking that the murders maybe come in threes. Ancient people love things in threes, right? So, maybe first it's three virgins, and then, I don't know, maybe it's three people who own little dogs."

⠀⠀⠀"I own a little dog," Lydia told Stiles, snapping a glare in his direction. "I am not getting rid of my dog!"

⠀⠀⠀"Would you just think about getting rid of your little dog?" Stiles asked her.

⠀⠀⠀"No," Lydia told him sternly. "What do you mean Willow died?"

⠀⠀⠀"She was one of the sacrifices," he explained, closing off his emotions to try and keep himself from getting too emotional.

⠀⠀⠀Lydia looked at Stiles skeptically and said, "But she's alive."

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, Rowan brought her back to life," Stiles continued to dump on her.

⠀⠀⠀Lydia stopped in her steps, taking a moment to process what exactly Stiles was telling her. Stiles turned back, knowing it was a lot but feeling like time was cut short.

⠀⠀⠀"She's alive," Lydia said, repeating what he had told her.

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah."

⠀⠀⠀"And Rowan brought her back to life."

⠀⠀⠀"Yes."

⠀⠀⠀"And she was a sacrifice."

⠀⠀⠀Stiles nodded his head.

⠀⠀⠀"So, does that mean they need another virgin, or does she count since she did, in fact, die?" Lydia asked, her expression worrying at the sudden realization.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't know," Stiles sighed. "That's why Scott, Bridgette, and I are keeping a close eye on her."

⠀⠀⠀Lydia let in a deep breath. She shook her head, trying to accept what she had just heard, then continued from their previous conversation.

⠀⠀⠀"By the way, you cannot discern a pattern by a single data point. So stop trying," Lydia told Stiles simply, heading toward their class again.

⠀⠀⠀"Wha—Okay, so what?" Stiles asked, annoyed. "I'm just supposed to wait around for someone else to die, then? I'm just supposed to sit there and watch them die? Just wait for them to wither up and die right in front of me?"

⠀⠀⠀Like Willow.

⠀⠀⠀"Wither?" Lydia asked, pointing out his word choice rather than on anything else.