29. Looking to a bright future.

Start from the beginning

"I'm here, sweetheart." Alec stood up and took her from Simon's arms. His little angel instantly buried her head in the crook of his neck, mumbling incoherently in Indonesian. Only in a few seconds, all her weight shifted onto him, confirming that she fell asleep again. Walking back towards his husband, he pecked his lips then again at the bump, making him laugh with happy tears. "Twins..."

"Twins..." Magnus repeated with a wide grin.

***********************************

Looking presentable is the last thing Alec liked, especially if it's for a bigger gathering but today, he not only has to be there but also lead it as the official Consul. A responsibility he wasn't sure he could justify.

"Stop overthinking, darling. You'll do great." Magnus hugged him from behind, and he let out a deep breath, fixing the sleeve peeking out of the formal jacket.

"Was I thinking too loud?" Turning in the cage of Magnus's arms, Alec bit his lip, gazing into those soft brown eyes for affirmation.

"Let's say you were talking to yourself without realizing," Magnus said while smoothing his lapels then picked up the cloak hung on the chair and tied it around Alec's neck. As the weight of the cloak settled around Alec's body, he turned to the mirror and the reality hit him like a bucket of ice water. This was actually happening, he's the new Consul.

"You look stunning, Alexander. Do I need to declare again that this pretty boy is taken?"

"Shut up, Magnus!" Warmth fleshed through Alec's face at Magnus's words. Gazing at his reflection, Alec couldn't deny that the outfit did suit him well. It wasn't much but a simple black suit, metal black in Magnus's words, and the hoodless cloak that reached till the floor had a wide circumference. Having the same color as his suit, it was studded with beads on its collar, front open plackets, base, and on the angelic rune on its back. It wasn't the official cloak for the council members, the design was yet to be discussed, rather, it was specially designed for him by his extraordinary, talented husband.

A small tug at his royal outfit made him look down, only to notice Aulia's blue eyes shining with curiosity. "Hello there my little angel."

"Dada, all.. all the becctt!"

Exchanging a look with Magnus, he picked her up and left a soft peck over her head. "Thank you so much, Aulia. Means a lottt to dada. But will you tell me who taught you that?"

"Unkyy Jace."

Of course, it has to be his parabatai. More than anyone, Jace knew exactly how nervous he was, and knowing his growing bond with Aulia, any new activity on her part would brighten his mood instantly. And it proved to be right. Because he no longer had that weird feeling in his stomach. "You know what else will make dada happy?" Poking a finger on his cheek, he gazed into his daughter's curious eyes, "kissy." With an adorable giggle, she leaned and touched her lips over his cheek and a bright smile crept on his face.

"Heyyy... so much love to your dada and nothing to me, not fair, butterfly." Magnus pouted.

"You and your nicknames, Magnus." Alec chuckled while Aulia giggled at Magnus's expressions. "But don't you think something's missing in her outfit?"

A frown crept on Magnus's face. "What?"

Aulia wore a matching outfit to his and Magnus's, a black and wine satin laced frock with light embroidery. Her mid-length brown hair was done in a royal braided bun, with a lightweight hair accessory and very gentle makeup.

"She's our daughter, don't you think she should have an official Lightwood Bane necklace like ours?" Alec bit his lip as slowly, Magnus's face lit up with his adorable smile. Apart from their wedding rings, they shared a special necklace that they gifted each other on their third anniversary, signifying their eternal love for each other. And neither of them ever took it off since then.