29. Looking to a bright future.

Start from the beginning

"Something's wrong with my belly!" Magnus complained in a single beat. "Check. Now."

Cat's eyes darted between Magnus's belly to his face then to others present in the foyer as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Has anybody told him that pregnancies are different for every individual?"

"Thousands of times, Catarina," Rosette added unhelpfully. "And he refuses to let me check because you're the best at medical stuff."

"You serious, Bane?" Cat smacked his best friend's head, making Alec pursue his lips to suppress the laugh that almost escaped. "It is bigger than normal, though. Lay down."

"See, I keep telling them-"

"Shut up and lay down before I make you!"

Gulping, Magnus went to the nearest couch and laid back, eyes wide open and fixed at the ceiling.

"Relax your body, Bane. Alec, come here and help your idiot husband."

With a deep sigh, Alec pecked Aulia's head, handed her to Simon who seemed to be the least annoyed and smartest in the lot, went by his husband's side and combed his fingers through his hair, making the warlock's eyes flutter. "Ass." He whispered and gently held his hand.

"Aren't you scared?" Magnus asked in a small, concerned tone.

"I'm sure it's nothing, Magnus but we'll get it checked if you're that worried. Catarina."

After an exchange of reassuring nods, Catarina waved her wrists over Magnus's belly, sending her blue magic inside his body, but as the time passed, her smile grew into a bright grin, followed by a few teardrops falling on her face.

"I'm weirded out by your reaction, Catarina Loss. What is it? Is my munchkin okay?"

"It's more than okay Magnus." Catarina beamed as she withdrew her magic, smiling her brightest smile, the tiredness from her face completely vanished.

"What's that supposed to mean? And why is my belly this big then?"

"Angels and demons!" Rosette shrieked, "Cat... is he?"

Catarina nodded while others looked between both warlocks with confusion until Alec's eyes fell back on his husband's belly and his eyes widened when two small orbs moved inside the bump that somehow only he was able to notice. "T.. twins? C..Cat?"

Gasps filled the surrounding area and Catarina's grin brightened if possible. "Yup! Congratulations to you both."

"Wait, what?" Magnus sprang up and gazed between his belly, Alec and Catarina. "Twins? I'm... I'm carrying two..." He trailed off and gently placed his hand over the bump.

"Yes, Bane. That's why your belly is growing bigger than normal. I'm so happy for you both."

"Magnus..." Alec breathed out as he too placed his hand over Magnus's belly, uncontrolled tears falling over his face.

"Twins..." Magnus repeated and lifted his lashes to meet his husband's gaze.

"We're... we're having... twins..."

"Two munchkins..."

"You need to change the nickname of other one, love." Alec laughed, then leaned over and placed several butterfly pecks over Magnus's baby bump, making everyone around them laugh at his reaction, but he didn't care. He was too happy to care.

"By the angel! Congratulations to you two!" Izzy squealed, causing Aulia to stir as others covered their ears at her outburst.

"Da...da..." Aulia rubbed her eyes as she moved her head from Simon's shoulder, sleepily gazing around her in confusion.