28. Only one would stand at the end of it all.

Start from the beginning

"Not what I wanted to hear!" He pierced the sword and Magnus let out a cry of pain.

"The hell is wrong with you, Alec!? Say it! I thought you cared for us, for your child! We can live without you but I won't be able to live if I lose my child because of you. I'll never forgive you, you hear me!"

Gasps filled the surroundings along with an amusing chuckle from Kasper. Even though those words hurt him to the core, Alec knew what his husband was doing. They had enough of their own people being a pawn in Kasper's game. He won't build an empire out of their people, they won't let him. The man needed to battle up front.

Tilting his head, Kasper locked eyes with Alec and dug the sword further.

"No, stop!" Alec's heart raced but from the corner of his eyes, he could notice Magnus's wings emerging from the scars as angry waves danced over his fingertips. "Stop, I'll say it!"

"Alec, no!" "What!?"

The look on his family and friends' faces stung like a million needles. Clearly fighting with their own people and the uncontrolled demons were getting into their heads. They all were standing there, frozen on their spot, witnessing the chaotic disaster Kasper had been causing. The wards that took days to build had been destroyed, buildings were merely ashes and dust. Black smoke emerging from it had consumed their nostrils, blurring their visions, yet nobody gave up.

"Then say it, Silver Angel. I've been craving to hear it!"

"I..." Alec's gaze fell on his husband who had been successfully able to gather enough energy to attack the devil.

"Say the words and accept your loss!"

"I... I'm willing to..."

"Alec, no!" Izzy's pained expression made his heart drop. Has she actually believed that he would?

"Say it, Silver Angel," Kasper's tone was dipped in fury and hatred, "SAY IT!"

"I'm... willing to.." Locking eyes with Kasper, Alec fisted his palms, "I'm willing to give you a brutal, merciless, and painful death, Kasper Windermere Morgenstern!"

Just as the words left his mouth, Magnus's wings came to life, knocking Kasper as he stood up, shooting a ball of energy right over his chest, sending him flying back on the blood-soaked ground.

"You scared the hell out of us, big brother!" Izzy breathed with relief.

Rushing by his husband's side, Alec wrapped his arms over the belly, locking their lips in a needful kiss. "Don't you dare do this to me ever again."

Magnus planted a quick peck on his forehead, an adorable pout forming on his lips. "Love you too."

"How dare you deceive Kasper!"

Exchanging a look with Magnus, they combined their powers and shot a humongous ball of energy at Kasper before he could stand, and a spine-chilling cry echoed in the surrounding.

"You're not the only one with the art of manipulation, Kasper!" Alec shot back just when the dark army restarted the brutal attacks. Moonlight shone through the gloomy sky making Alec lookup. As his eyes fixed on the magnificent orb, a new powerful wave kindled in his veins, rushing throughout his body and in the faraway, silhouettes of angels overlooking their battle flickered, and at that moment, he knew what needed to be done.

"Magnus, Jace, you all keep the army busy, I'm taking this battle to the sky."

"But-"

"No argument, Jace. Do what I'm saying!"