27. Challenge accepted.

Start from the beginning

Chords of moonlight shimmered on the silver-like water, along with the sparking diamonds as if a different world had been captured in its vastness. Faint rainbow colors fainted into its lap that reflected from the crystals bejeweled in Alec's wings, softly flapping as the man rose higher from the ground level. Far away between the clouds, he could notice the silhouette of Angel Amberosa, looking down at him and he exhaled a shaky deep breath.

An hour had passed since he arrived at Lake Lynn, searching for information about the forgotten land. The discovery had been as amusing as he expected. Apparently, Lake Lynn is supposed to be the portal to that land and that portal opens exactly at midnight. He had gotten the vision of the dry land is supposed to land on but staying there for a longer period of time could make him lose his mind, so he needed to grab the sword and come back as soon as possible.

The sword was the only option left for them to beat Kasper and he hoped that plan wouldn't fail so with a deep breath, he dived right into the portal when he noticed the irregular swirl forming on the still water reflecting the entrancing beauty above his head.

Alec had no idea what happened when a bright light swallowed him like a hungry beast but when he slowly opened his eyes, a pair of soft silver eyes greeted him with a curious look. "Hello there," he whispered and grunted as he stood on his feet only to notice that those eyes belonged to a rather tiny, cute little puppy with silver fur.

"Awwff!"

"Wow," he couldn't help but gawk at the beautiful creature jumping over his legs. Carefully, he picked her up and scratched the back of her ears causing a string of happy barks. Don't get distracted, son. A voice reminded him and he snapped out of the trance that the little pup had caused. Right, he needed to find the sword.

Placing her back on the rough land, he wandered his eyes all around the small island. Judging by the slosh of water that increased with every second, the island clearly was in the middle of nowhere. As long as his eyes could reach, everything, be it a plant or a creature, was either crystal or silver in nature. The land of Silverites. He remembered the conversation with Angel Amberosa regarding this land.

With a light flutter of his wings, he moved into the depth of that land, wandering his gaze all around while having an alert stance. A faint, sweet scent lingered in the area, source unknown, entrancing his senses making his vision blurry. He had been warned that this place could cause hallucinations and not to stay for long in a particular area so blinking away the blurriness, he moved further into the silystel forest, trying not to get distracted by the enchanting butterflies or the puppy following behind him.

He had no idea how long he'd been walking, but the light shining from the mouth of a cave was a sign that it was the right way. With the increasing heartbeats, he marched towards the cave and his jaw dropped when the sight of the cavern came into his view. It was a cave of crystals. There were all kinds of crystals, from small to large, in a bundle or standalone, emerging from every corner, even the ground, shimmering brightly. In the center of that cavern were two giant crystals, holding the glorious sword between them.

Holding his breath, Alec ambled towards the sword, taking in the outworldly aura the crystals radiated. As the vision cleared more and more, he noticed the intricate pattern the crystal engraved on the sword was forming. From the tip to the base, every shape of crystal was engraved on it. The base had pointed curved ends and even the handle had a small detailed design over it. Carefully, he pulled out the sword, and to his surprise, it was lighter than the regular swords he had held before.

The crystals bejeweled on it lit up when he held it in his hand, gazing at it in a transfixed state. Jolts of electricity surged through his body and his wings flapped, and the rays emitting from the sword flickered before dying down again. Bewildered, he bit his lip and trailed his finger over the latest crystal at the base, only to back off when a bright light shone out of it like an arrow.