5. The one with the party **

Jade's pov

If it weren't this loud at Yoongi's house party, I swear I would hear my heartbeat.

I feel so .. excited.

I still feel as awkward as a blind dog in a meat shop, but still, excited.
It feels good to do things for the first time, and the thought of encountering Namjoon tonight? That alone makes me tremble with anticipation.

I've always thought parties are just a lame excuse for teenagers to let out their hormones and pretty much a waste of time, but I must say, this is not that bad.

The music they're playing makes it hard not to move my feet or tap my fingers on my thigh.

As I'm waiting for Taehyung to come back with our drinks, I can't take my eyes off the dance floor which consists of Yoongi's living room. I surprisingly find myself wanting to go over and join them. It looks so liberating.

Some of them have their eyes closed and jump around carelessly with their hands in the air. Others just swing side to side, holding a drink in their hands, probably trying to look cooler. Others just make out while dancing.

I want to try that. All of that.

I quickly cancel the small storm forming inside my brain and redirect my focus to look for the boy who brought me here.

Taehyung.

I would have never guessed he could be this funny. There might be more to him that meets the eye.

I know he told me to stay put, but it feels more awkward just standing here by myself so I move my feet towards the kitchen area. I almost reach it too, except I freeze on the spot when I hear the most beautiful laugh in world, making me follow its sound.

There's a smaller room at the end of the hallway, which looks like an office. I don't know what possessed me to go there, but the moment I hear him laughing again, I'm drawn to his presence like a magnet. I can hear a few more voices as I draw near, but I don't care. I must see him.

The door wasn't fully closed, so I just had to give it a small push and reveal myself in its frame.

The laughter dies down immediately.

"Jade?" Namjoon's deep voice resonates over the music which was already fading in the background.

Namjoon, and three other men were casually playing some kind of card game, which I could only assume it was poker.

"You know her?" my eyes finally moved to another figure. He looked somehow familiar.

"Jade, what are you doing here?" Namjoon ignored his friend and placed his cards face down.

The fact that he was so surprised to see me at a party, made me feel some type of way. It made me feel small, for some reason. How could I, the nerd, be here?

"It's Friday." I simply answer with a shrug, making it seem like it's this is the norm for me.

"I don't remember inviting ... Who are you again?" The guy from before stands up.

"You must be Yoongi." I quickly put the puzzle together. "I'm Park Jade. I-I came with Taehyung."

Don't start stuttering now, Jade.