31

Kuroo had woken up to the sound of their front door slamming shut. His first thought was that someone broke in, but when he noticed their smallest boyfriend missing from his place on the bed Kuroo's thoughts were instantly shifted. He whipped the covers from on top of his body and rushed to the front door. When he opened it, he could only see the faint image of Kenma running down the sidewalk.

The image came as a surprise to the older boy seen as he has rarely ever seen his younger boyfriend run. Kuroo snapped out of his confusion quickly and stumbled back into his room. He woke up his other boyfriends, who were both still sound asleep.

"What's happening?" Akaashi asked in a sleepy daze.

"It not mornin" Bokuto stated, still mostly asleep under the covers.

Kuroo threw the comforter off of them, earning a whine from them both. "Kenma just ran out of the house." That alerted both of them, and they scurried to get their shoes on and follow Kenma.

They could guess where the other was going, and the light footprints in the snow helped lead them in the right track. When they entered the gallery, the front door was still slightly cracked and watery footprints were left on the ground.

The three of them made their way to the office until they could hear subtle sobs coming from upstairs.

Cautiously they made their way up the steps, Bokuto holding on tight to Kuroo's hand. When they made it to the noise, they saw that the once shut door was now wide open. It was letting a soft light into the otherwise mostly darkened gallery.

With Akaashi leading the way, he walked into the room and was met with the sight of their lover curled into himself surrounded by a plethora of pictures and drawings.

Akaashi recognized the work. They were images and places that he had only seen through these images, and it got his eyes watering. When Kenma's parents had passed, Akaashi was unsure as to what happened to all their belongings. Part of him just assumed it was all sold off, yet here all of it was. Every single memory that the pair shared all shut away.

Bokuto and Kuroo made their way to the disheveled boy on the floor. They tenderly placed their hands on his back, and he looked over at them before crying more.

It took a second for Akaashi to break from his trance, but after he did he walked over to his wretched lover. He crouched down in front of him and delicately placed both of his hands on his lover's face, lifting his face to meet his own. Kenma's eyes sparkled in the moonlight. "You miss them don't you?" Akaashi said in a sweet nonjudgmental tone.

Akaashi knew that Kenma never dealt with the pain of losing his parents. He brushed all his feelings to the side and delved himself into anything that would take his mind off of the topic. That was part of why he never made his way to their grave. Going would make it real, and he didn't want to accept reality.

More tears fell from Kenmas eyes, and he slowly nodded. Akaashi gave him a loving smile and allowed Kenma to rest his head on his lap until he had finally cried himself dry.

After the tears had ceased, Kenma reached over to Bokuto silently requesting that the older one hold him. Bokuto understood and grabbed onto him, feeling Kenma latch around his body.

"Can you tell us what happened Kitten?" Kuroo asked.

Kenma pushed away from Bokuto just a bit to get a better look at his boyfriend's. "I had a dream. It reminded me of the place where my mom told my dad she was pregnant." The tears picked back up a bit. "They had brought me there a few times. I just-" A small sob broke up Kenmas words. "I miss them so much. I miss the stories and how they were both so clumsy, but they loved each other so much and loved me." Kenma continued telling all of the boys about his parents, and they went through multiple of the art pieces around them, letting Kenma talk about each one.

Akaashi knew they were amazing people, and Kuroo and Bokuto were begging to see that as well. When Kenma finally took a break from the stories, Bokuto had a thought pop up in his mind. He gulped before speaking up. "Would you want to visit them?"