13

Everything had turned out alright with Akaashis tests and that meant all he had left to focus on was the gallery event. While he wasn't working as much it was still noticeable he had more things to do than normal. Kenma noticed he was still working on things but he wanted some attention. Attention from his long-time boyfriend. Not that he didn't crave attention from the other two he just wanted more from what he hadn't been getting from Akaashi.

Kenma made his way into their office and once again saw his boyfriend working diligently on something. Slowly Kenma made his way over to his lover. He sat on Akaashis lap nuzzling himself into his lover's neck. The other boy needed a break anyway so what would a few cuddles hurt.

Akaashi still had kept on working even with Kenma now on his lap. He didn't think to stop he mostly just saw it as a way to work and touch his boyfriend. That wasn't what Kenma wanted though. He wanted the attention.

So in what he decided was the best way to get the workaholic to stop focusing on work he brought his mouth to his boyfriend's neck. Not being too aggressive but just enough to make a difference he bit Akaashi. That managed to get him out of his working trance. He slightly pushed Kenma away. "That hurt you know."

Kenma shrugged "I know."

Akaashi looked at his boyfriend with a dumbstruck expression. As if non verbally telling him if he knew then why did he do it.

"Why are you so busy Kashi?"

Akaashi sighed and began playing with his boyfriend's hands. "The holiday showcase."

"Oh, It's that time again?"

"It is"

They stayed quiet for a moment and both glanced down to watch their hands. They kept poking at each other and letting go only to be held again seconds later. "Ya know Kashi, I can help you. With the showcase I mean"

Akaashi looked up at him, stopping the playful dancing of their fingers. "You'd help?"

"Yeah, you aren't the only person who works here."

Those words made Akaashi feel so much better. He leaned forward to kiss his boyfriend on the nose. Then he continued to place soft kisses all down his face and neck until he finally stopped. He nuzzled himself in Kenmas neck and pulled the boy's body closer to his own, wrapping the smaller in a tight hug. Kenma took the chance to hold onto Akaashi and get comfortable in his warmth. They stayed like that for minutes in a calm silence. That Akaashi took the liberty of breaking.

"I love you Kenma."

"I love you too Kashi."

For one moment they separated to place a long sweet kiss on the other's lips. Then maneuvers back to holding each other once again.

...

During the next few days, Kenma began to help Akaashi with preparing everything for the showcase. The tasks weren't too much of a challenge even if it was Kenma's first time doing any of them. Part of him was curious as to why Akaashi was doing all of this by himself. There were many things that Kenma was completely capable of and he didn't mind doing the work.

In the midst of picking and choosing a variety of paintings to showcase and reaching out to the respective artists, there was a soft knock at the door. "Come in!" When the door opened it was Yaku as well as the brunette that Kenma previously met. They ended up hiring him. There wasn't anything wrong with his resume and Kenma got the added bonus of having a new face to paint.

Kenma greeted himself as well as Akaashi. Oikawa greeted himself as well to be polite. Kenma left Akaashi and began to show the older boy around the gallery. He explained the job in greater detail as well as the proper attire and what his responsibilities were. The job was quite simple. All they had to do was sit at a desk and if anyone asked for something they would write it down and give it to Akaashi or Kenma to deal with.

When the small tour was done Kenma left Oikawa with Yaku at the front desk. From there his first day would begin.

Kenma made his way back into his shared office. Everything for the showcase was looking really good. A small part of Kenma felt like this would be the best outcome of all of their events. He went over to Akaashi and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "You did a good job"

Akaashi kissed him back. "We did a good job"

They both smiled at each other and packed up for the day.