12

Akaashi was making his way into work after he had finished his day at school. Things were relatively normal but Akaashi was anxious about the next few weeks. His final for his class was coming up and he needed to be sure to get a decent score. He never usually was concerned with his scores but he had been attending two extra classes in the quarter to act as a special aid for him to get extra credit. They were both relatively easy but also caused him to have more work to do. All the extra work was usually manageable but in this last crunch of the quarter, a lot was going on.

When Akaashi got to his desk after school he opened his computer to a less than lovely notification. A notification that just added a whole new serving of work onto his already high plate. Along with school work, Akaashi now has to begin preparations for the yearly fall gallery showing. An event intended to push the sale of pieces before the holiday season.

Akaashi was in charge of all formal events that took place in the gallery. Typically he didn't mind taking on so much of the technical part of the job and let Kenma focus on all of the aesthetic parts of the job. But right now wasn't the time to be needed to focus on an event.

Akaashi was in the office nearly every second of the day he was there. When he wasn't working on the event he was studying and when he wasn't studying he was taking a test or calling to ensure catering or other necessities were being provided for the event.

Kenma and Kuroo took the most notice to Akaashis overworking. Bokuto was preparing for a game that was going to be held in the next few weeks and was getting in all the extra practice they could get causing him to be a bit out of the loop. Still, where Bokuto was still taking care of himself Akaashi began to slip on doing even simple tasks like brushing his hair or eating.

Kenma walked into the office that night and sure enough, his boyfriend was still at his desk working away. Sure it was cute to see him focused and wearing his glasses, but Kenma knew he wasn't taking good care of himself. He walked over and leaned himself on the desk waiting for the other to notice him. After a minute or two Akaashi finally looked up at his boyfriend who was looking at him with a displeased face.

"Kashi it's time to go home"

Akaashi looked at Kenma and then back to his desk. He had everything laid out and leaving would mean having to put it all together and away and then take it out again. He just wanted to stay and work a little while longer. Would that be too much?

"I know what you're thinking and if you don't come home with me then Kuro will come down and drag you home."

Akaashi sighed knowing Kenma was right. He didn't doubt for a second that Kuroo would make his way down there. It seemed like he just had all the time in the world to pick up after his lovers.

Slowly Akaashi gathered all of his belongings and placed them together in his bag to bring back home with him. The situation wasn't ideal but neither was being forced home. When he and Kenma began to make their way back home Kenma slowly brought their hands together. The walk was quite short, only about 10 minutes but it was sweet.

It was late at night and most people seemed to be out from the streets. Part of that was due to it slowly getting colder but the other was due to the late hour. They finally reached home and they opened the door that was left unlocked. Slightly dangerous but it didn't change them from doing it.

Kuroo was on the couch right as they walked in and Akaashi went straight to his desk in the spare room. Once inside he placed all of his belongings as similar as he could to how they were placed back at the gallery. He sat down and began to work once again.

...

Hours had gone by and Kuroo was slightly upset he didn't even get a hello from his partner. Kenma was sat with him in the living room. He was working on a small practice portrait of Kuroo and they had been there for only 20 minutes. Kenma wanted to make it quick so Kuroo was alright with it. There was no way he could sit in the same pose for hours like he had seen Akaashi doing. It was hard enough sitting for 20.

When he looked at the time he saw that it had gotten quite late. It was not almost four in the morning. Akaashi had been sat at his desk for over five hours at this point. Did he not need a break? And he hadn't eaten dinner either. Kuroo hated seeing Kenma this way but it was almost worse to see Akaashi acting this way.

Kuroo got up and placed a kiss on Kenmas head. "Hey Kitten it's time to sleep. I'm gonna go get Akaashi meet us in bed."

Kenma looked slightly irritated at the request but the part of him that was tired took over so he made his way into their bedroom to join Bokuto. Kuroo made his way into the spare room only to see that Akaashi was already looking quite tired. His eyes slowly started to close before he'd open them again and begin writing things down.

Slowly Kuroo made his way over to his exhausted boyfriend. He placed his hand on his back and that caused the smaller to look up at him. He was adorable with his slightly messy hair and his eyes that could barely stay open. Akaashi reached out and Kuroo picked him up. "Is it bedtime?" Akaashi asked in a sleepy voice.

"Yes, Kashi. You stayed up pretty late."

"I know...cuddles?"

"Yes, sweetheart cuddles. Bo and Kenma are already in bed all we needed was you."

Akaashi nodded and held on close to Kuroo. "Love you Kuro"

Kuroo chuckled at how tired his usually straight-faced boyfriend was. "Love you too Kashi."

With that, he placed the tired boy in bed alongside his other two lovers. Akaashi slept good that night curled up next to the boys he loved.