3

Kenma walked out of the studio and through the hallway to the front desk. When he got there a tall boy with fluffy chocolate-colored hair was leaning on both arms against the desk. The stranger wore a soft dazed expression while watching people walk through the gallery. Kenma noticed the faint look of sadness in the other boy's eyes as he watched strangers roam around.

Kenma walked to the other side of the desk sitting on a chair opposite of the quiet boy. When the other noticed Kenmas presence a bright smile appeared on his face. "Hi, I'm guessing you're the owner?"

"I am. And you are?"

"Oh! I'm Tooru Oikawa. I was hoping to apply for the evening receptionist shift."

Kenma glanced at the boy a bit before reaching into the drawer on the desk. Pulling out a few pieces of paper and handed them to the chocolate-haired boy. "All you need to do is fill that out and return them." Oikawa nodded in understanding.

"Could I fill them out now and return them immediately?"

"Sure. You can sit wherever I can wait here."

With that Oikawa walked over to one of the couches that was placed in front of a giant brick wall and fireplace. Kenma had a fun time watching the boy. Something about the look in his eyes inspired Kenma to want to paint them. Maybe there would be a chance for him to do so. Kenma wasn't going to hire him just because of the look in his eyes, but he slightly considered it. They still needed to make sure he was qualified to actually work.

Kenma sat and waited for Oikawa to be finished with the application. Eventually, Yaku walked next to the desk. More than likely he was returning from being in the back presumably talking with Akaashi. He leaned on one of his arms and then turned towards Kenma.

"So Boss whatcha think?"

Kenma scrunched his face at the name. Sure he was the boss but being called that simply didn't feel right. Especially by someone who was older than him. Kenma attempted to shake the feeling away.

"There is a look in his eyes. It's intriguing."

"So he's kind of like one of the paintings you would choose."

Looking back at the boy sitting on the couch filling the paper out Kenma did have that same feeling he felt when he picked out a painting. A feeling of an unexplainable emotion that went deeper than the eye could see. Kenma focused on the boy sitting across the room. He played with the pen that was being used on the papers in front of him.

"I guess" He definitely has the beauty and the emotion of a painting. Kenma wanted to have a talk with the boy and figure out what exactly caused him to have that distant look in his eye. Most people probably wouldn't have even been able to tell there was something wrong with him. On the outside, he really did a good job at masking his pain. Kenma could still read into it though.

After about 20 minutes the boy finally stood from the couch and made his way to Kenma. Once he reached the counter he simply handed the papers back to the once blond boy. A small smile kept itself on Oikawa's face the entire time. Kenma couldn't help but ask the other boy what had been picking at his brain.

"Before you leave do you have any interest in modeling for a painting?"

Oikawa's eyes widened ever so slightly and his hands reached to grab each other and he slightly picked at his nails. He was silent for a minute and Kenma was assuming that meant his answer would be a no. "I wouldn't mind it. I've never modeled before but I'm not against the idea."

Kenma wanted to jump out of his chair but refrained from doing so. Instead, he offered a slight nod and thanked Oikawa for coming and applying.

Once Oikawa left Kenma made his way back to his and Akaashis office placing the papers on top of Akaashi's desk so he would be able to examine the application as well. With all of that situated Kenma finally returned to his studios where he had previously left in a slight hurry.

.

.

.

This chapter is shorter but that's just because I need it for plot purposes.

Anyway sad Oikawa?? I think so XD