"No, no it's just that I thought you would want to be a little more selective with your wedding dress."

"I value your opinion but I'm telling you that I honestly like this dress. I want this one," I said in assurance. 

The smile returned to her face and she ran up to hug me.

"I'm happy you liked this dress. I'll go get mom so she can see."

She ran out the room to go get Amelia. I sighed and looked myself in the mirror. The dress was elegant yet had a simple, modern look to it. My mother would definitely disapprove of this dress but she wasn't here so I can wear whatever I want.

"Look mom, doesn't she look beautiful?" Liza came in, talking with her mother. 

Amelia walked up to me and observed the dress.

"It's a nice dress but are you sure it's not too simple?"

I forgot Amelia was a fashion designer so of course she knew what was considered simple and extravagant. 

"I think it suits me. It doesn't attract too much attention but it's still flattering and elegant in its own way."

Amelia nodded her head in contempt and inspected the back. "I agree with you. It suits your personality. I just thought you would want something a little more flashy because you're marrying a rich man. Isn't wearing an expensive, extravagant dress every girls dream?"

I chuckled and ran a hand down the dress. "I'm humbling myself with this dress Amelia. I'm poor Julia Hart now so I don't want people to say I trapped Jared and made him buy me an expensive dress."

"Well, of course, if you like it, let's buy it."

"Okay, I'll go change."

I went back to the fitting room and changed out of the dress into my clothes. 

The sales woman took the dress and packed it up.

I went back to the lobby to see Liza waiting in the seating area. 

"Hey, you ready?" she asked, standing up from her seat.

"Yeah. Where's Amelia?" I asked, looking around for her. 

"Don't mind her. She paid and left."

"She paid??" I asked in confusion. 

Liza let out a chuckle and nodded her head. "Yeah. She said it was her wedding present to you. She was too embarrassed to stay afterwards so she left."

"Wow. I was not expecting that."

"Yeah, me either," she stated. "Anyways, do you wanna go do something fun?"

I grinned at her. "Fun? Like what?"

"I was thinking we could drive down to Newport and watch the sunset on the beach. What do you think?"

It's been a while since I've been to the beach. Her proposition did sound fun.

"Okay! Let's go," I said. 

We both smiled at each other and left the boutique with my wedding dress. 

~

The drive down to Newport was absolutely relaxing and peaceful. I drove while Liza sat in the passenger seat, reading her book. 

We decided to stay the night and reserved a five-star resort right on the beach.

I pulled into the entrance of the resort and let the valet take the car and get our bags. 

"This is so exciting! I haven't really gone out in a while," exclaimed Liza as we got our room key and headed to the elevators. 

"I know. I think we deserve a break after the past couple of weeks," I stated, pressing the button for the 15th floor.