Riker set off to find and inspect the escape pods, while Tasha helped Geordi and Data set up the generator.

Tasha flipped the switch on the generator. The emergency lighting clicked on followed by the familiar hum of the computer.

"There we go!" Geordi said enthusiastically as he booted up the ship's logs.

Data quickly scanned the information. It took him 14.21 seconds to read the final ten days of the log and find the necessary information.

"I've got three escape pods launched down here," Riker's voice rang out from their combadges.

"Data to Enterprise," Data said as he tapped his combadge. "The Odin's logs report the ship collided with an asteroid on the return journey. The damage was too extensive to repair. They identified a nearby class M planet and launched their escape pods seven years, eighty-three days, and nine hours ago."

-----------

Once they were back aboard the Enterprise, Data input the coordinates for the planet where the Odin survivors had identified in their logs.

"Ready to begin orbit of Angel One, Captain," Geordi advised from the helm.

"Make it so, Lieutenant La Forge," Captain Picard ordered.

The Captain turned to Data.

"What kind of a place is this, Data?" the Captain asked.

There was little information available in Starfleet records regarding the planet. However, Data had read all available information upon their return. He advised the Bridge crew that the planet was sparsely populated due to its relatively cold climate. Outside of the main city, there was little life.

Technologically, Angel One was similar in development to mid-twentieth century Earth featuring electrical and geothermal power, antiquated computer technology, and relatively primitive healthcare in comparison to most Federation planets.

"Assuming any survivors made it this far, it must have taken months," Riker speculated.

The Enterprise was capable of travelling at speeds much faster than any freighter escape pod. At best, the escape pod had likely managed a speed of warp one.

"Five months, fourteen days, eleven hours, and two minutes," Data stated.

Over at Tactical, Tasha's sensors began to flash.

"Captain, we're receiving an audio signal from Angel One," Tasha informed him.

The Captain looked at Data.

"Is there any other pertinent information before we reply?" Picard asked.

"Angel One functions as a constitutional oligarchy. It is governed by a body consisting of six elected Mistresses and headed by a woman leader they refer to as The Elected One," Data explained.

Deanna grinned.

"It sounds a little like my own planet," Deanna said happily.

"Klingons appreciate strong women," Worf said with a grin.

Data warned the Captain that the information available was nearly six decades old. It was possible that the situation on Angel One had changed during that time.

"Starfleet records do indicate that men are prohibited from voting in elections, owning property, holding elected office, and are not permitted to attend Angel One's only higher education institution," Data said.

Captain Picard rubbed his chin as he considered this information.

It was possible that things had changed.