09

"You have nothing in the fridge. What do you guys usually eat?" Shay comments as she scans the fridge, hoping to grab a snack.

Dream turns his head away from the television and throws his arm across the back off the sofa to face her. "My mom usually brings us food. Nick and I don't know how to cook."

"Dear god. I'm going to go to the grocery store. Wanna come?"

"I... can't. You know face reveal and everything. That's what the mask is? Ring a bell?"

"You're dumb. I haven't face revealed either. Let's just go, no one will know it's us. Please? I don't want to go alone or with you know," Shay gestures towards Sapnap's room. "Plus I feel like people would see me and Sap and be like 'who is she' you know?"

"See you're right, but you're also a big girl and can go shopping herself. I'm just saying. I've definitive answer is, no, I am not going."

"Dick."

"Hey!"

"What are you guys arguing about? It's like 11 in the morning," Sapnap yawns as he stretches his arms above his head, his hood falling off his head. Shay looks down at her coffee mug, playing with the rings on her fingers. 

"Shay is being a pussy and won't go grocery shopping on her own for snacks," Dream says nonchalantly. 

She stretches her lips into a thin line. "You're the absolute worst. I'm moving out."

"Woah wait. I'll come!" Sapnap quips, raising his hand shyly.

"Um, no it's fine I'll just woman up and go on my own. Gonna channel my inner girlboss. I'll go now."

Grabbing her car keys from the kitchen counter, she shoves her Docs (or her stomping boots as she likes to call them) and slams the door so hard that the doorframe shakes.

"Really?" Dream looks up at Sapnap, who stands with his hands shoved into his pockets.

"What did I do?" He shrugs.

Dream stands from his chair at the island and places a hand on Sapnap's shoulder. "You're a dumbass."

Sapnap turns towards Dream as he walks away, following him into his office. "Wait what did I do?" 

With her hands on her hips as the cool breeze blows her hair, Shay stands outside the front door. She shakes her head as she walks to the car and pulls out her phone. 

Shay @heyshay
at what age do i stop being awkward around males

Dream @DreamWasTaken
ratio

Shay @heyshay
literally what

 karl @honkkarl
probably age 69

Shay @heyshay
funny number

Dream @DreamWasTaken
ratio + i fucked your mom + ur dumb

Shay @heyshay
did you not take ur meds today grandpa

Dream @DreamWasTaken
i just don't like you tbh

Dream @DreamWasTaken
also ratio

Shay @heyshay
outta pocket 😭

After getting lost in the grocery store twice, Shay safely made it home with snacks that she thought the boys would like. Mostly unhealthy, but there was some fruit in there as well. 

When she called them down for dinner, Dream and Sapnap alike walked in with their heads down, looking at their phones. 

"Are you guys gonna make me enforce the no phones at the table rule?"

Dream looks up and puts his phone on the table face down. "Nope, sorry mom." They turn to look at Sapnap, whose fingers are flying across the screen. 

"Hello? Sapnap?"

"Huh?" He mutters without looking up.

"Who are you texting?" Dream asks, trying to get a peek at his phone.

Sapnap turns his shoulder, side-eyeing Dream. "No one. Give me one sec."

He snatches the phone out of Sapnap's hands, holding it above his head. Dream squints as he looks at it, and then back at Sapnap. "Who's Rella?"