« 20 »

Beomgyu walked out of the room and saw Irene near his cabin, talking to Linda.

"I see, you and Linda get along well." He said, walking to the girls.

Both of them chuckled along with him.

"You can go in now, Irene." He said with his ever-pleasing smile plastered on his face.

"Thank you! Talk to you later, Linda." Irene smiled at the two and walked into Yeonjun's office.

There, Yeonjun was again standing near the window, looking out of the window, with his usual expressions.
One could never suspect the rumbling of his heart from his visage but Irene wasn't one of them. Having had learned to read facial expressions because of her brother, it was enough for her to make out that something was up. Something made him anxious, yet again.

"Mr. Choi." She said, affably. Making him look at her.

"Ms. Park," Yeonjun tried not to show that he was startled, "I want that file urgently. Make it ready. I'll be back in a few."

Saying so, he left, leaving Irene befuddled.

. .

Yeonjun leaned against the wall in front of the balcony. Taking a deep breath in, he ran up here (didn't take the lift) without any halt and that's tiring.

He might have assured Beomgyu that he is going to attend the Jamboree with Irene his date and he will order her about it, he couldn't actually bring himself to do that. It was a hard task. And he was still muddled.

The tables could still turn if he lets her go with Beomgyu but Yeonjun can let that happen nonetheless.

How come a girl has such an aura on him that here he is, disoriented and hysterical.

"Brace yourself Yeonjun, this is the last time. It'll be over after that, she will leave...but... why I couldn't let her go with Gyu-" he punched his fist on the wall, making it go red and it started to twinge.

"Why?" He looked at his fist.

"I can't- I've given my words..."

"I'll ask her tomorrow..."

"No! Yeonjun that'll be too short of a notice to her to prepare herself." Yeonjun sighed and looked at his fist, such injuries were nothing to him.

Rubbing it off a little to clear the dust, he walked in.

. .

Irene was continuously monitoring his actions. Twice or thrice he called her up but didn't say anything that made good sense. Also she noticed his fist.

"What was he even doing..." She muttered.

And the more time was passed, the more anxious Yeonjun was getting. He had to ask her out.

He stayed up there all through the lunchtime so now if he didn't ask her out, it'll be time for her to leave, and then, there's no way he is going to her on phone. That's way too glib.

He was just thinking when Irene stood up and started to pack up.

I'll have to ask now? Yes... But...

"Ms. Park," his voice made her stop her work.

"Yes, Mr. Choi." She faced him properly.

"I've..." He coughed, Do. Not. Shutter.

"You might have heard of the Business Jamboree that's taking place? It's all over the place." He said, trying to stay as calm as he could.
Irene was always up to date with business issues and acts so she knew.