♚Episode 1 🂽 | Dry Roses & Broken Hearts

Start from the beginning

"You are expected to wear this suit, sir." Canary bowed as Gon felt uncomfortable and took the suit, making his way to the closest empty room he can find so that he can change into this stupid thing.

-♥︎-

     Gon walked out of his room after a quick shower and changing into the suit. He walked down the stairs as he made his way to the front door where Canary was waiting for him.

After a short timed car ride Gon was standing in front of a mansion as huge as the Cracker's. The gates opened up for them as Gon looked out of the car's window. The view was breathtaking. The garden was full roses of all the colors, the amount of roses was tremendous. There was this so sweet smell of flowers in the air, not too light not too heavy, just the right amount. The car stopped in front of a huge tree and Gon would see the tea table, right under the tree. The tree was shadowing the table, probably that was the reason they were having tea here.

There were a few people that caught his eyes. First of all, it was a man with red hair and clown-ish makeup on his face. He was wearing a purple shirt with a lot of jewelry on him. And there stood someone else beside him with long, black, silky hair which beautifully danced with the wind. Gon didn't knew if they were a male or a female since he couldn't see their face. He slowly made his way up to them and he saw a few more faces. Retz was there and Gon smiled at her, he was happy that someone his age was there. And there stood another girl that seemed to be their age. She had black hair that was long enough to touch his shoulders, there was a red lock of hair that matched perfectly with her red eyes. She was wearing a crop top with, QUEEN writing in it with red. She was also wearing black shorts and white converses. Retz was wearing a light blue dress that matched with her eyes. She waved at Gon and Gon walked towards them, refusing to look at his uncle who wasn't even paying him attention.

Gon sat beside Retz and sighed, relieved.

"Gon, this is Palm Siberia, aka the Queen of The Town. Palm, this is Gon Freecs aka my dear cousin who arrived here yesterday morning." Palm nodded as she handed her hand out and Gon shook it.

"I thought I wouldn't have anyone my age, I was scared for a moment." Gon said as Palm raised her eyebrows.

"He hasn't met the whole gang I assume?" She asked as Retz just shook his head.

"I didn't have enough time to introduce them but I will do it. Gon is starting high school with us this year so they're goin to meet one way or another." Retz smiled sweetly as Gon smiled too. They've gotten closer over a night, it was weird. Gon expected himself to be angry at her too but he couldn't do it somehow. Last night Gon had on of his usual nightmares and Retz just came by and they both trespassed to the lands of the Kitchen Kingdom, avoided the Criminal Butlers and finally found their treasure: snacks, lots and lots of snacks. Then they talked all night, what Gon loved the most about her was she never opened his aunt's death and tried her best to make him forget even if it was for just one night. And she did succeed to. Gon was happy to have her as his cousin.

"Gon." His uncle called him as Gon tensed in his seat. Retz looked at her father in an unapproved way and send Gon an I'm so sorry for my stupid dad look.

     "Yes, uncle." Gon sat beside him when Victor patted the chair.

     "I want you to meet some people." Gon glanced at the two males, they were staring at him creepily.

    "Ohh~ Is this Aunt Matilda's child?~" The clown said creepily as the other person just stood there.

"Gon, this is Hisoka Morrow. He is the eldest son of the Morrow family. He is well known with his queer etiquette and choice of colors. Which I must say I see them a bit unnecessary." His uncle showed the clown as Gon just nodded and didn't even try to seem interested.

"And this is Illumi Zoldyck." His uncle's hand moved towards the feminine male who was sipping his tea gracefully before putting it down once again. "He is the eldest son of the Zoldyck family which is the most important family after ours, obviously. He is an idol model and someone you might try to be like. Beautiful etiquette, good fashion and education. A true Zoldyck I must say." Gon looked at his uncle's creepy and satisfied grin as he noted himself to stay away from the girlish psychopath.

"I hope your brother will follow through your footsteps."

"I hope so too. But you too know him, he is a rebel after all."

After a long and long time, probably a few minutes but it felt like ages to Gon, he went back to the girls. Retz didn't seem to be around as Gon just sat down, not caring about his absent relative.

"That's really sexist you know?" Palm asked as she got her lollipop out of her mouth with a large pop noise.

"What?" Gon's voice was tired and sore.

"You thought he was girlish and feminine right? Those are both gender stereotypes." Palm said as Retz came and looked between the two. Gon saw something snap in her, she was worried of something. She suddenly ran towards them and talked more louder than usual.

"How'd you-"

"Gon, you came again! Let's walk around the garden, shall we? I'll lead the way." She hugged Gon by the arm and pulled him with force. They made their way to the colorful façade of roses.

He didn't talk to Palm again for a long time.