It wasn't to say that seeing Luna's death was any better. Hell, the trauma amassed in Haruki's once pure brain must've been beyond painful. To make matters worse, Haru quite literally looked like Luna's twin, so as Haruki watched her grandmother die, it was almost like watching her own mother die as well!

It explained why Haruki could barely look at Haru when they first reunited. She ran straight into Sasuke's arms and didn't dare look over at her mother. What was at first thought of as an act of favoritism towards her father quickly shifted into an act of self preservation as Haruki wasn't one to cry out for help like that in the first place! Seeing her mother would only make things worse!

But of course she eventually broke, and she knew she had to see her mother and confront what she saw if she ever wanted to heal. And so she did just that, and ever since she fell into Haru's arms, Haruki's been glued to her side.

It was as if she was afraid to let go, even back in the tundra, Haruki couldn't bare the thought of sleeping in her own room. Instead, she laid nestled between her parents, her tear stained cheeks tugging at both of their heartstrings as she clutched her teddybear and clenched her eyes shut.

Sasuke remembers running his hands through Haruki's hair in an attempt to help lull her to sleep. It always worked when she was younger, but she was still struggling. Haru tried wrapping Haruki up in the warmest of blankets as Haruki was susceptible to the tundra's harsh weather conditions, but she still trembled like a leaf!

Their efforts weren't entirely fruitless though. Eventually, Haruki's breath began to level out, and the rare tenseness in her face eased into the angelically peaceful expression she usually had. Finally, after hours of staying up, she managed to fall asleep.

That was only last night though, the beginning of what would be a long journey of recovery for the little Uchiha princess. Both Haru and Sasuke knew that there would be challenges down the road for Haruki, ones that they could never be in control of now with Kaguya's curse being as unpredictable as ever.

With everything in mind, Haru made the quick and smart decision to take the family back home for her daughters sake.

Daisuke's gotten better at controlling his singular rinnegan eye with the sage wolves help, and in an ideal scenario they'd all be able to stay at the tundra a bit longer. But alas, Haruki needed stability more than ever right now, she needed to be home.

And home they went, the trip back to Konoha was a quick as ever with the help of Sasuke's susanoo, and before anyone knew it the family of four (missing two very important members) were back in the Uchiha household.

"Hey dad, you said Haruki saw how grandma passed. Right?" Sasuke remembers Katsuro asking him on that same morning that they arrived.

Haruki was upstairs with Haru, whilst Daisuke laid asleep in his fathers arms. That left the father and son duo alone, to talk about all of the swirling thoughts in their heads.

"She did. Why?"

"I was just thinking- how come she didn't get the sharingan from something like that? Do you think she'll get it at all?" Katsuro questioned his father, his head tilted and his arms naturally crossed over his chest.

Sasuke's eyes widened, with everything going on he hadn't even taken a moment to think about this.

Katsuro was right, Haruki had just gone through a moment that was extremely provoking to her emotions. By all means, it should've been enough to unlock her sharingan.