36 | drowned blood

Start from the beginning

Everyone was waiting for an answer including me.

"I didn't." He smirked loving I had gotten it wrong.

"Marie let her in as she saw her standing in front of our door wet and cold."

A day where she knew she could pull the "Oh I am sorry I don't know where I am right now and it's raining heavily" That girl was clever, but not as clever as we were.

Everything Cara did irritates me now much more than before and it was already a lot before. 

The hate I felt for her was not as much as for the person responsible for my past but close.

Maybe it wasn't just all about the way she tricked us but also the way she was almost after what was mine.

"So, what you let an unknown person into the house?" I asked my anger rising as minutes passed.

"I didn't let her into the house." He retorted as he fisted his hands.

"But you greeted her with open arms didn't you."

"We greeted you with open arms too didn't we."

A slap to my face. It felt like a hand just contacted with my cheek and by the way his facial expression changes he noticed what he had just done.

He had put me and that bitch in one boat. He saw us as having the same problem.

"I didn't mean it like-"

"You did." I protested even though my chest was fucking hurting.

So, this is what you get for letting someone close to you. They just see you as someone who stumbled into your life.

"If you didn't, you wouldn't have said that." And with that, I left seeing Isa glaring at him.

If I even stayed one more minute here, I knew I would say something I would regret too like he did allegedly.

Closing the door behind me with a loud noise I heard footsteps behind me, too familiar footsteps.

"I didn't greet her with open arms. You are jealous and you have to accept it because it's not bad to be jealous. Everyone gets jealous but you don't have a reason because I fucking hate that girl Ciara."

"Cara." I corrected him smiling a little.

Standing in front of me now. He was about to reach out for me when he pulled his hands back shaking his head.

He was having an internal battle with himself about what he should say and what he shouldn't.

Sighing he looked at me through his dark long lashes.

"She came one day and told Maria that she had no place to stay and as kind, as Maria was, she let her in. As soon as she stepped in it felt weird everything about her felt off, but Maria was the woman who took care of me as a child and raised me, I think she just needed someone to take care of, and who was I to stop her."

"I wasn't even in Milan for the longest time!" he continued looking up and seeing if I was listening. 

"I was most of the time with the boys trying to find you and flying around anywhere you could be."

I know that I knew he was searching for me because I too couldn't let him go.

"But as they say when you once disappear you don't to to be found." I liked that people said that. It made me invisible to the world. I wanted to be visible only to those I wanted.

"I was under pressure and for the first time scared because I had something to lose and also wanted to return to you. I know it's not an excuse and I'm sorry I snapped." Having heard enough I pulled him down connecting his lips with mine.