Chapter 14 : Gift

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god, 100+ notifications." Alya said. Zubin chuckled and started shooting a video on his camera, just like last time. It definitely lightened the mood somehow.

They were distracted by Shanno and Venkatesh who arrived just then.

"Andar hai vo?"

Alya nodded all four of them sat on the chairs outside.

-----

Inside, Nandini was going through hell. The baby had matured and become big, making it harder for all of them. Nandini's back hurt like hell and she couldn't stop crying.

"Manik..! The pain!" Nandini sobbed, holding his hand in a death grip.

"Doctor...is everything okay?" Manik started panicking.

"Yes Manik. She'll be alright. Just keep her awake." The doctor said calmly.

"She is ready to deliver."

Manik rubbed Nandini's hands and kept kissing them. He occasionally wiped her sweat away.

"Push, Nandini. You have to keep pushing."

Nandini gave all of her strength. She wanted her baby to come out naturally.

Ten minutes later.

"Yes, almost done. One last push."

Nandini's face was totally red with the pressure she was applying. It was too much for her petite body. Manik made up his mind to stop at 2 children. He didn't want Nandini to go through all this again.

"Manik, she's losing consciousness. Keep her awake."

"Nandini! Nandini look at me! You can do it baby!"

Nandini mouthed his name the second after she gave the last push and immediately fainted.

"Congratulations. It's a baby girl!"

Manik was crazy with happiness. His dream came true! He finally had a daughter. It was so exhilarating.

"Nandini will be okay right?" He asked, as soon as he recovered from the overwhelming feeling.

"Yes. Don't worry." The doctor said with an assuring smile.

-----

Outside, Alya was handling Manik's phone's constant buzzing.

"Happy Birthday!" A message read out.

"Freak guys! It's Manik's birthday." Alya shrieked. A nurse glared at her.

"So sorry." Alya mumbled and turned to her companions.

Shanno looked at Alya in shock, surprise and then genuine excitement.

"Sachhi? Rabba! Yeh toh bahut achhi baat hai. Manik kitna lucky hai."

"Hai na Shanno ji. Aise humesha nahi hota, father and child celebrating their birthdays together." Venkatesh added.

Meanwhile, Manik stepped out, still not believing it. It was his sheer luck. He looked at his family and friends.

"We have a baby girl." Manik said, becoming emotional.

"Oh my god!"

"Dude, congrats!"

"Congratulations beta!"

Manik hugged Shanno, feeling overwhelmed. She held him in a motherly embrace and he let his tears flow, unashamed to show his true emotions. After all, he knew they won't judge. She patted his head and rubbed his back as he mumbled,