Chapter 7 : Bundle Of Joy

"Manik but-"

"Nandini, no."

"I hate you." Nandini threw Manik's file away and rushed to the bedroom. Manik sighed and took off his glasses.

He had been using prescription glasses because he had trouble reading. Due to stress, over exertion on his eyes had led to him getting glasses. The baby was on the way, Nandini being very moody, work stress and that idiot Inaaya had caused a lot of stress to him.

Manik followed Nandini and saw her on the bed, crying.

"Nandini, doctors ne naa bola hai."

"Go away!"

"Mood kyu kharab kar rahi ho khudka? Sujata khud aane waali hai na?" Manik asked, sitting beside her.

"But I want to meet her in Mangalore!"

"Nandini, it's not possible, you know that. You are pregnant and I cannot take the risk." Manik said firmly and left Nandini.

Doctors had advised against travelling long distances. And nothing would convince Manik to let Nandini take the risk of travelling.

"Rote baithna hai kya? Baccha bhi rondu niklega!" Manik said.

"Manikkkk!"

"Kya? Aur nahi toh kya? Be mature Nandini. You are not a kid anymore." Manik scolded her. Nandini threw too many tantrums. Not that he didn't deal with them, but he needed her to stay sane sometimes.

Nandini kept silent and lied down, looking away. Manik sighed. He remembered his talk with his friends years ago, when Alya was pregnant. What was he thinking when he said Nandini would be very mature during her pregnancy? Nandini had beaten Alya to it.

-----

Weeks and months flew by. Nandini was now 9 months pregnant and on high alert.

"Nandini, is everything fine?" Manik asked for the 1000th time that afternoon.

"Aiyappa!!!! Stop asking me that again and again Manik!" Nandini groaned, holding her huge baby bump.

"But you look tire-"

"Manik, please give me some space to breathe. Ek kaam karo, go to office. I am done with you." Nandini lashed out.

"Excuse me? What makes you think I will go?"

"Manik, mujhe pata hai tumhaara important meeting hai aaj, jo tum postpone karne ki koshish kar rahe ho. Go today na baba, so that you can stay at home and help me when the baby comes?" Nandini had to convince him for one hour straight.

"Nandini, keep your phone with you, please? Emergency dial mein first mera hi hai number. Just dial 'one' okay?" Manik kissed her lips.

"Haan baba! Now go, love you!" Nandini pushed him out.

She went and sat on the sofa with much difficulty. The househelp was cleaning the kitchen while she read some magazines.

"Uff, how boring!! Baby, why are you making us wait so much?" Nandini talked to the belly. She got up again and went to the bedroom, to get a book.

"Radha tai, aapne yaha saaf nahi kiya?" Nandini asked loudly. The maid came in rushing and cleaned the shelves.

While walking, Nandini's book fell down and she absentmindedly bent down.

"Aaaaah!" She screamed.

"Didi, aga bai!" Radha Tai rushed to Nandini's aid. She realised that Nandini water broke.