Chapter 2 : Breaking Down

They left for the long drive. Cabir had his jeep and Manik, his SUV. Navya, Nandini, Aryaman, Alya, Adah and Dhruv were with Manik while the rest opted for the jeep.

Adah decided to sit on Nandini's lap and let her parents spend some romantic time together. Nandini and Adah were talking about random things, like what they saw on the road or what Adah did yesterday. Navya was chatting with Aryaman while Manik glanced to his side from time-to-time. Nandini caught him looking.

"Kya?" She asked softly.

"Nothing." He said and placed his hand on her thigh. Nandini smiled and placed her hand on his.

They soon reached and they had a photo session before the sunset. Nandini, a bit tired from the journey, stood alone, leaning on the bonnet of the car. Manik saw her and walked towards her.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Manik asked.

"Nothing. Just tired."

"You do look tired, everything okay?" Manik asked, wrapping his arm around her.

"I don't know. Just stay like this." Nandini muttered against his chest. Recently, she had started feeling very needy for affection from Manik and she wondered why it had suddenly spiked.

"As you wish."

They were silent. Nandini wanted to ask him about the baby thing, while Manik wanted to talk about it too, but for some reason, they held back. Maybe it was not the right time.

-----

The girl gang gathered in Mukti's room for a night out.

"Girls, change into comfortable clothes." Mukti said.

"Alya, are we wearing matching PJs, wow!" Soha said, looking at her outfit.

"Yeah! Since Mukti didn't want a sober bachelorette party, I decided to design these for tonight." Alya said.

"They are cute." Nandini said, walking out of the bathroom, wiping her face.

"Haan! Maternity PJs ke liye thanks!" Navya hugged Alya.

"I must say, pregnancy ke turant baad Alya apne old shape main aa gayi." Mukti said.

"It was tough, but I needed to remain fit. If I would have done nothing after the delivery for a long time, it would have become difficult to lose the baby weight." Alya said, checking herself out in the mirror.

"True. Last time thik tha, lekin is baar mera bump aur jyada badh gaya hai." Navya sulked.

"Maine suna hai pregnancy mein hota hai aisa." Nandini said.

"About that, what's with you?" Soha asked.

"What does that mean?" Nandini asked.

"Girls, look at her, doesn't she look weak?" Soha asked.

"She does."

"Haan bilkul."

"You puked too."

"That was because of the mountains."

"Nandini, you never had motion sickness." Mukti said.

"Nandini, do you think you are...pregnant? You haven't been eating well and you have been avoiding alcohol too." Alya stated as a matter of fact.

Nandini burst out into sobs immediately.

"Oh my god! What happened?" Alya rushed to Nandini who shook her head and kept sobbing while hiding her face in her hands.