"It doesn't have to include a date, does it?"

"Take seriously anyone, it wouldn't matter," Beomgyu said.

"And could you just suggest this certain anyone?"

"How about Irene? She's a classy woman." Soobin said in between only to earn a glare from Yeonjun.

"And it would make sense if you take her, she could be your date and you can introduce her as your secretary, mostly... It's not a big deal. Just a few hours." Beomgyu said.

"It's all rubbish, you both have lost your minds," Yeonjun said and stood up to walk out.

As he opened the door to step out, his chest almost met with a familiar someone.

"I'm sorry," Irene said, softly, looking up at him into his eyes.

NO! Yeonjun's inner self screamed as he diverted his gaze from hers, it's fatal to look into the eyes of someone you're running away from.

Yeonjun pursed his lips together and walked away without any word.

Irene stood there watching go but then walked in.

"Good Morning, Irene!" Soobin and Beomgyu said simultaneously.

"Good Morning, guys!" She smiled at them, "and I'm really sorry that I'm late. Shall we start?"

"Umm... we can't because Hyung left..." Beomgyu said.

"Oh... He must have had some work, we might resume it later. You can get back to your usual work now, Irene."

"Okay." Irene nodded.

. .

Yeonjun walked into the office and closed his eyes, the only things he could see were Irene and the words were of Soobin.

I can't make her my date, no.

He was just fighting his turmoils when Irene walked in.

"Good Morning, Mr. Choi," she said as always, without any expectations, of course.

The day went as usual and Irene was about to leave when Beomgyu entered the office.

"Hyung! I got it! I got an idea!" Beomgyu yelled excitedly.

Irene and Yeonjun looked at him, dumbfounded.

"What about, Beomgyu-ssi?" Yeonjun said, gritting his teeth, indirectly asking Beomgyu to turn formal to him because Irene was present there. And she was no one to them. To Yeonjun.

"Oh.. sorry, I meant. Mr. Choi, I've found a way out-"

Yeonjun forestalled Beomgyu in mid-way and looked at Irene, who was looking down to act like she wasn't listening.

"Ms. Park, can you give us a moment?" Yeonjun asked, as polite as he could be.

"I'll just be outside," Irene tugged her hair strand behind her ear and walked out.

. .

"I-I mean, me and Soobin Hyung decided that either he or me can fill up in place of you at that Jamboree," Beomgyu spoke out as soon as Irene left.

"Okay. Good." Yeonjun agreed, plainly.

"But there's a plothole."

"What is that?"

"Soobin Hyung can't go, because he has to accompany mom to Daegu. He can't say no."

"You can go, then," Yeonjun gestured Beomgyu to sit down.

"I don't have a date."

"Take Linda," Yeonjun sighed and looked at the laptop screen, he was least bothered about whatever Beomgyu was saying.

"I would take Irene as my date instead," as the words slipped out of Beomgyu's lips, Yeonjun held up his head straight at Beomgyu.

"What?" Yeonjun didn't realize how harsh his voice had become.

"Hyung-" Beomgyu was a little uncomfortable with the reaction.

"I mean... Ms. Park?" Yeonjun tried to calm down.

"Yes, she's the only Irene I know and she's a great Choi-"
Beomgyu was again forestalled by Yeonjun, "Gyu."

"Yeah, Hyung." Beomgyu smiled widely, they had started to talk normally again and Beomgyu loved whenever Yeonjun called him 'Gyu.'

"I was quiet because..." what are you doing to yourself, CHOI YEONJUN!
One has said it very correctly, in the war of heart and mind, the heart always has the upper hand. Yeonjun couldn't hold back, he continued.

"I was giving it all a thought, realizing that I hadn't attended any Jamboree lately, I must attend this one... I think I should go. I've made my decision."

Beomgyu smiled widely, "that's great Hyung! Hope you find an appropriate date!"

"I don't plan on giving it my time and energy so I think... Ms. Park is an okay option," Yeonjun said, with blank expressions, hiding the tsunami of mixed emotions inside of him.

"She's undoubtedly the best," Beomgyu chuckled.

"Yeah, whatever," Yeonjun said, "You can go and continue your work."

Beomgyu smilingly nodded and walked to the door. But before he opened the door to leave, he turned back to Yeonjun, "How do you plan on asking her out, Hyung?"

Beomgyu grinned cheekily.

Yeonjun closed his eyes, he was jaded by Beomgyu's jesting but somewhere or elsewhere he found it amusing.

"It will be an order, Beomgyu-ssi."

"But... It's not straightforward official work...You know hyung... Order might not..." Beomgyu tried not to burst into fits of laughter. He knew his hyung too well and girls weren't his things at all.

"Beomgyu, you have a lot of chores, right? Do you want more of them?" Yeonjun said, passive-aggressively.

"Okay, Hyung," Beomgyu pouted and walked out.

______________________________________

So it goes . . .

Now stay happy and take care of yourself! ✨✨💙💙💙

Love y'all ✨💖

- ishu😊