Last Words - Bucky Barnes (Romantic)

"I'm dying."

"You are not dying, it's just a cold."

"I am dying."

Bucky shook his head and me and stroked my hair. We were currently in my room, and Bucky was staying with me on my deathbed. My nose had clogged, and suffocation would soon be inevitable. I had a fever, too, so I was probably going to cook from the inside out. My head was resting in Bucky's lap, and he was trying to make me laugh.

"Bucky, what are your last words to me?" I asked.

Before he could answer, his phone began to ring. Bucky had picked up the art of using a phone much quicker than Steve had. I gasped as he answered the phone.

"You're not going to say any last words to me?" I whispered.

Bucky rolled his eyes.

"Hey, Steve," he said into the phone.

"I'm dying and you're gonna talk to Steve?" I asked.

Bucky rolled his eyes again.

"Listen, Steve, I've got a dramatic and clingy assassin on my lap. I'll call you back after I've convinced her that a cold doesn't mean she's dying. Bye, Steve."

Bucky hung up and I glared at him.

"Only one of those statements was factually correct," I growled.

"You're clingy?" Bucky guessed.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Dramatic?"

I lifted my hand to hit him.

"Ah, so you're not dying!" he said.

I bared my teeth at him.

"I'm an assassin," I growled.

Bucky chuckled.

"So am I, Doll," he said. "And wouldn't it be horrible if a cold took out the famous Shadow-Woman?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms. Bucky chuckled again and kissed my forehead.

"My last words to you would be; I love you."