Healer - Natasha Romanoff (Romantic)

I knew the redhead was pissed off. I knew that she'd rather kill her way through this mission rather than have to take me all the way to the centre of the base, make sure I heal the man being held hostage, and get us all out.

"So, what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"I want you to be quiet and do exactly as I say," Natasha said, strapping a few extra guns to her sides. I had two guns, just as a precaution.

I followed Natasha out of the jet and into the base. It wasn't that hard.

"So... is Shield just going off of a video an anonymous person sent you?" I asked in a whisper once we were in.

"Do you know what the word 'quiet' means?" she retorted, equally as quiet.

"Right. Sorry," I mumbled, following her into the base.

We walked through halls, careful not to draw attention to ourselves. Once we were quite a way into the base, Natasha raised her hand in a fist. I took that to mean stop walking. She peered around the corner and pulled back a split-second before a loud bang pierced the silence. She turned around the corner and shot twice before coming back in. Three shots went of before she looked around out corner and shot again four more times.

"Come on," she said, motioning me forwards.

I followed after her down the hall. We reached the room where the hostage was supposed to be. Natasha kicked down the door and held a gun up. The only person in the room was the hostage. He wasn't moving.

"You're up," Natasha said.

I walked into the room and looked at the man. There was a slight odour, but that was to be expected if you have been held captive for a week. I got closer to the man and the stench intensified. I placed my glowing hands over his heart, searching for a heartbeat.

There wasn't one.

"He's dead," I whispered.

Suddenly, a boom rocked the building. Natasha threw herself at me and knocked me to the floor, protecting me from any falling debris. Once everything had stopped shaking, she got up.

"Let's get out of here," she said, limping forwards.

"You're hurt!" I exclaimed, jumping up.

"I'm fine," Natasha growled.

"You're hurt," I said, firmly this time. "Please, just let me heal it."

Natasha's lips thinned but she nodded. I rushed over to her and examined her leg. I placed my glowing hands over a cut in her legs. My magic did its thing and after a few seconds all that was left was a pink scar.

"You owe me," I said, standing up and grinning.

"Fine. Whatever shuts you up," she said. Although there was a smile tugging at her lips.

"I know you love the sound of my voice, Agent Romanoff," I said, following her out of the base.

We were intercepted by four agents. Natasha took down three and got stuck in a chokehold by the fourth. With all my strength (which wasn't much), I punched the guy in the side of the head. He fell to the floor and I clutched my fist.

"Ouch," I said.

Natasha got to her feet and immediately examined my hand.

"You'll live," she said. "I need to teach you how to punch."

"Looking forward to it," I said.

Natasha led me out of the base and we got onto the quinjet. I sat in the front while Natasha flew the jet back to Shield headquarters.

"So, Natasha," I said.

"Yeah?" she replied.

"You saved me," I said. "You jumped on top of me to save me from the debris. Why?"

"You're the healer," she stated. "If I got hurt, you could have healed me. Which you did."

"You know what I think?" I asked.

Natasha looked at me.

"I think you're just a softie," I said.

Natasha scoffed.

"Not on the outside, though," I said. "But on the inside? Definitely."

Natasha chuckled and shook her head.

"You keep telling yourself that, l/n," she said.

"Will do, Romanoff," I said, winking.