🌸 One- Shot Results: Part 1 🌸

Hello and good afternoon, participants! 🤗❤

Thank you to our dearest judge anjabellz for taking her precious time to read and judge the books!

Without further ado, here are the results for One-Shot Story entries:

1. Story: Duyan
Author: _Iwantsomechuckie

🍁 Book Cover- 3

~ The book cover was good, however, I think hindi siya bumagay doon sa story. I mean iyong kulay at design niya is medyo off. Try to make your cover more appealing to the eyes, like making it a little brighter. And also, yong title, put it at the center of your cover. Also, medyo hindi readable ang name mo sa book cover. There are some graphic shops on watty na alam kong makakatulong sa’yo. 😊

🍁 Title- 5

~The title was catchy enough, I mean, it’s a common word, but it makes one think why the title was ‘Duyan’. It makes a reader wonder what could be the connection of the title to the story, and for me, napanindigan naman siya.

🍁 Blurb- 3

~I gave you three here, but to be honest, there was no blurb. Try adding a blurb to pique reader’s interest. Blurb kasi ang unang tinitingnan ng isang reader, and if your story doesn’t have one, then readers don’t have anything to look forward to. One-Shot stories may be short, but adding a blurb will make it nicer.

🍁Relevance to the Genre - 13 

~To be honest, the story is more like a poetry rather than a one-shot story. And since it was a poetry, there were lacking narrations and it’s very fast-paced.

🍁 Plot Uniqueness & Creativity - 14

~I love the concept. Childhood friends turned into lovers, and it’s really great.

🍁 Writing Style - 15

~Kudos, I love your writing style. I’m a fan of poetry, and I always find it fascinating to read poems. I love the lines and the rhymes. Wala rin akong nakita na mali sa spelling, punctuations and grammar.

🍁 Flow-8

~The flow is good. Maayos ang pagkakasunod ng mga pangyayari. They only thing lang siguro masasabi ko is, bitin siya kasi nga poetry siya, hindi nadescribe kung ano pa ang nangyari sa kanila. 

🍁 Enjoyment- 14

~I did enjoy the story even if it was short. There were kiligs, although it would have been more enjoyable if their were more narrations.

🍁 Overall- 13

~The story is a feel-good one that teaches us about true love. Great job, author. Continue your passion for writing and God bless!

TOTAL: 88

2.  Story: Awe-Inspiring Pages        
Chapter: Fucked Up
Author: SVG_PRNCSS

🍁 Book Cover- 3

~I don’t think the book cover suits the story. The story was SPG, however, if I look at the cover, I can see more of a mystery/thriller or horror. Aside from the dark image, hindi rin bumagay ang font na ginamit sa genre ng story. I think you can use an intimate picture and for the font, maybe calligraphy or sans will do.

🍁 Title- 5

~At first, I thought it has something to do with life or dilemma about life. You know, the usual fucked up life thingy. It turned out, literal na fucked out pala ang nangyari. Bagay na bagay ang title sa genre at sa mismong content ng story.

🍁 Blurb- 4

~It’s a collection of one shot stories kaya I understand if wala siyang blurb, but a simple description will do.

🍁Relevance to the Genre – 14